Grand Theft Auto 5

razza699

I know from previous games threads theres a few GTA fans on here so thought I'd post this

the new trailer came out yesterday

http://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/8001

Its set in San Andreas again. Cant wait , even if its not that good i just cant wait for another one ,

Made me go and buy all the series off Steam , great value for £19.99 GTA, GTA 2 , GTA 3 , GTA : Vice City , GTA: San Andreas and GTA IV with the 2 add on packs

I jizzed my kecks watching it yesterday. Twice.

Looking forward to further trailers, and I never watch game trailers. I'm so excited that it's set in San Andreas again (although a pedant on another board was quick to point out we've only seen footage of Los Santos so far; having said that, I maintain there are a few clips based in San Fierro, Red County and Bone County).

I jizzed my kecks watching it yesterday. Twice.

Looking forward to further trailers, and I never watch game trailers. I'm so excited that it's set in San Andreas again (although a pedant on another board was quick to point out we've only seen footage of Los Santos so far; having said that, I maintain there are a few clips based in San Fierro, Red County and Bone County).

San Andreas is by far my favourite GTA , loved the territories and the map was top.

Oh and the jetpack :grin: :grin:

It's the future!

Most definitely is, and for most game developers it can't come soon enough as it would kill the preowned market.

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Microsoft's successor to the 360 was digital only, as I can't see them lining Sony's pocket and going with Blu Ray, although I can't see Sony ditching Blu Ray anytime soon so would expect the PS4 to keep optical media going for a little while longer.

Most definitely is, and for most game developers it can't come soon enough as it would kill the preowned market.

Would not surprise me in the slightest if Microsoft's successor to the 360 was digital only, as I can't see them lining Sony's pocket and going with Blu Ray, although I can't see Sony ditching Blu Ray anytime soon so would expect the PS4 to keep optical media going for a little while longer.

Depends what release date they go with for the next Xbox to be honest... most places are not equipped for that kind of download really (PC gamers, generally speaking, are tech savy enough to have top end connections).

I'm a geek and I live with an even bigger geek too... we don't have a connection suitable for downloading a game... a demo for my Xbox can take the best part of a day!

Depends what release date they go with for the next Xbox to be honest... most places are not equipped for that kind of download really (PC gamers, generally speaking, are tech savy enough to have top end connections).

I'm a geek and I live with an even bigger geek too... we don't have a connection suitable for downloading a game... a demo for my Xbox can take the best part of a day!

*Sits on high horse with his 28mb connection* :grin:

If rumours are to be believed, microsoft eyeing up Christmas 2013, although I think it could be earlier, depending on when Nintendo releases the Wii U. Whilst the specs of the Wii U arent exactly next gen, and probably wont challenge the next xbox or playstation in the longrun, it still mops the floor with the 360 and PS£ in terms of raw horsepower. If it's released summer 2012, I just can't see Microsoft letting Nintendo sit at the top of the pile unchallenged for 18 months.

Going back to GTA though, it does look sweet, and will no doubt push this generation of consoles to the absolute limit.

Can't see this being download only as too few people have the download speeds and storage space for a game of this size (i assume it will have a big size) maybe next gen or the gen after that. Personally i like having a physical copy of a game too so i hope it's no time soon!

Can't see this being download only as too few people have the download speeds and storage space for a game of this size (i assume it will have a big size) maybe next gen or the gen after that. Personally i like having a physical copy of a game too so i hope it's no time soon!

Whilst the industry and developers probably want to bring it in as soon as possible, like Ackey said, speeds vary wildly throughout the uk. My auntie who lives just outside southport can only get 1mb at best (and she thinks thats fast!!!!!!), not to mention download caps on alot of budget broadband packages.

Sony don't have a need to do it really. The price of Blu Ray drives have fallen dramatically since the PS3, and in the not too distant future Blu Ray disks will be able to hold 100GB, so would make sense for Sony to stick with that and just go with a faster blu ray drive for PS4.

Microsoft on the other hand are stuck. They can't stick with DVD, UK broadband speeds arent generally fast enough to facilitate a download only console, they don't want to go with blu ray as that would line sonys pocket, and a proprietary format would probably cost a fair bit to manufacture.

Whilst the industry and developers probably want to bring it in as soon as possible, like Ackey said, speeds vary wildly throughout the uk. My auntie who lives just outside southport can only get 1mb at best (and she thinks thats fast!!!!!!), not to mention download caps on alot of budget broadband packages.

Sony don't have a need to do it really. The price of Blu Ray drives have fallen dramatically since the PS3, and in the not too distant future Blu Ray disks will be able to hold 100GB, so would make sense for Sony to stick with that and just go with a faster blu ray drive for PS4.

Microsoft on the other hand are stuck. They can't stick with DVD, UK broadband speeds arent generally fast enough to facilitate a download only console, they don't want to go with blu ray as that would line sonys pocket, and a proprietary format would probably cost a fair bit to manufacture.

Flash USB memory is an option. Risky, but doable.

• 2 weeks later...

*Sits on high horse with his 28mb connection* :grin:

I reckon this is why I get killed in modern warfare when I'm convinced I shot first. My virgin speed is supposed to be 20 meg but I only get 11.

Where/how/who with do you get 28?!!