Dear Mr. Dickov

Dear Mr. Dickov

I have watched Oldham since 1974. You are the most exciting manager we have had bar King Joe. Infact, this is the most excitied I have been since that golden age. You have no money and have to endure real difficulties, not unlike Joe. However, you keep going. You are totally professional and utterly commited. You keep trying to play football, despite the limtations. You also have the lowest and most apathetic crowds to contend with. Our support has never been so bad. Its like a morgue. The team deserves better, and so do you.

Nevertheless, I have been to more matches this season than i have for many years. The long trip back means it costs me £100 a time (more if one of the kids goes), but i haven't felt so positive about the team for a long, long time - and that it entirely due to you.

many thanks

One of the nice thing about Dickov's reign is that you can see how he wants his team to play and, for the most part, the players seem to understand that. It's noticeable that we've improved this season now that's he's had chance to get more of the players that he likes the look of into the squad. Injuries, suspensions, lack of form and finances can always scupper that.

More than that though, his enthusiasm and passion is infectious. He's surely destined for good things and I'm delighted that he's serving his apprenticeship with us.

Dear Mr. Dickov

I have watched Oldham since 1974. You are the most exciting manager we have had bar King Joe. Infact, this is the most excitied I have been since that golden age. You have no money and have to endure real difficulties, not unlike Joe. However, you keep going. You are totally professional and utterly commited. You keep trying to play football, despite the limtations. You also have the lowest and most apathetic crowds to contend with. Our support has never been so bad. Its like a morgue. The team deserves better, and so do you.

Nevertheless, I have been to more matches this season than i have for many years. The long trip back means it costs me £100 a time (more if one of the kids goes), but i haven't felt so positive about the team for a long, long time - and that it entirely due to you.

many thanks

Nice dig about the fans there.

But he's right, we do.

Last night, 1st half especially, we were not great - far from it in fact. But I was getting wound up with the amount of negative shouts that people were coming out with.

We have far, far more fans who seek to piss & moan rather than encourage - we always have had, but at home it's getting worse IMO.

PD has done & continues to do a very impressive job.

On very limited resources, he has added a decent amount of quality & competition to the squad - and although it doesn't happen all the time, he looks to play the game in the right way. When we're 'on it' we look a very good side.

I said to my mate at the start of the season I wanted us to better last season's league position, to finally treat the JPT with some respect and give it a real go & to reach the 3rd round of a cup and get a 'glory tie' vs a Prem Giant.

So far, we're well on with that and I'm more than happy.

We should in theory be buzzing in the stands - area final in the JPT & a real chance of a Wembley trip, a trip to Anfield in the FA Cup 3rd round & we're set in a tight league to better what we did last season. But; on my experiences of late stand at BP, even with all that going on - it's not.

100% agree I've always enjoyed being an Oldham fan but that must be because something is wrong with me somewhere, but now we are seemingly only a few years away from promotion (hopefully). I was born early 1990 so a bit too young for the glory days, much to my annoyance. This could well be the second coming which I'm just going to sit back and enjoy, bring on Anfield and hopefully Wembley.