Suarez Playing

81 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want Suarez to play?

• Yes. It would have been good to see a first team player in the Liverpool team.
    • No. I want it to be as easy as possible for us.
    • It wouldn't have bothered me either way.

Feck me that statement from Liverpool takes a bit of reading, it seems to be saying that the FA didn't treat Suarez fairly and chose to believe the word of Evra (and others) against the word of Suarez (and others). However, Liverpool aren't appealing because it would damage the good work the FA and others, including Liverpool themselves, are doing to combat racism in football and sport/society as a whole. Excuse me whilst I play the world's smallest violin.

Reading between the lines Liverpool have gotten some new lawyers and whilst they don't believe Suarez is guilty, the evidence presented by both sides to the tribunal makes him seem probably guilty and as this is the FA they don't need proof. Evra is smarter +/- better coached than Suarez and this came across in the evidence they both gave, and there were no technicalities that were wrong that would have allowed Liverpool to appeal and win.

What this statement does do is put Chelsea in such a deep hole they might as well be digging for Oil at the North Pole. John Terry needs to be deemed innocent by both the CPS and the FA (the second being a lot less likely due to the burden of proof required) first time, as any appeal on anything other than a technicality is going to make Chelsea look racist.

Plus if we get a replay Suarez will be eligible to play against both Tottenham and Man Utd. If they had waited until after tonights game they would need a replay for him to be eligible against United. They also play Chelsea late in the season around the sort of time when the FA will be making a decision about him being (probably) racist or not (unless the CPS make it for them). I think Liverpool have played the fixtures nicely I don't think he was ever going to play at the Council house tonight (he's too light weight defensively) and the first leg of the Carling cup was going to be after the deadline for appeal anyway, and he would have missed playing against Man United.

Do you think the odds on a draw should have significantly shortened then ?????? :grin:

Its questionable whether Suarez will have played anyway regardless of the ban they have had alot of fixtures over the festive period and will also have the carling cup against city to come I expect them to utilise their squad friday however they may also give Steven Gerrard his first start with a few on the bench.