Suarez Playing

81 members have voted

1. 1. Did you want Suarez to play?

• Yes. It would have been good to see a first team player in the Liverpool team.
    • No. I want it to be as easy as possible for us.
    • It wouldn't have bothered me either way.

to be honest suarez not playing simply means its highly likely bellamy and carroll will play. not being funny thats over 40 million quids worth of strikers right there regardless if you agree with carrolls price tag or not. hardly the reserves is it.

i highly doubt he would have played even if he was allowed too, given the two games either side

I'd rather we had a better chance of causing an upset. Bellamy and the £35 million vagrant are hardly reserves.

I'm more worried about Bellamy than Suarez, his pace will be too match. Suarez is an enigma so you don't know what to expect, Carroll is the big target man but Bellamy will rip our defence a new one. Hopefully Dalglish will take pity and pair Amoo with Eccleston….

Went to Amsterdam a few years ago and went watching Ajax while I was there. He caught my eye straight away, unbelievably class, googled him when I went home to find out about him, few years later he's ripping the World Cup up and signing for the mickey's. So yeah i'm claiming I scouted him but apart from that, he's a joy to watch (and he's class in net :-))

to be honest suarez not playing simply means its highly likely bellamy and carroll will play. not being funny thats over 40 million quids worth of strikers right there regardless if you agree with carrolls price tag or not. hardly the reserves is it.

i highly doubt he would have played even if he was allowed too, given the two games either side

...and if he is out, does this mean that Carroll and/or Bellamy may well be rested now?

I'm going to watch Liverpool vs Latics at Anfield, not Luis Suarez

This.

We will probably have a few lads out injured which will mean we won't be able to put our first choice team out, we might yet have suspensions, I'm looking at you Wes and Dean!!! :grin:

When the draw came out I was delighted, but once the £££ signs had faded the thought "We're gonna get thumped" could not be shifted. Then I started thinking about all the players I was looking forward to seeing playing against us, Suarez, Reina, Gerrard if he is fit and then I started struggling, maybe Adam but I can't see myself looking back and adding many from this game to conversations about the best players I've seen in the flesh.

I just want us not to be embarrassed over there, earn a bit of cash and enjoy a good old fashioned cup tie. I was talking to an Arsenal fan the other day and he said, "You could go 0-1 up", I hadn't thought that much about the game but this would probably be as good as it gets, we'd raise the roof if we did. Can you imagine, first 10 minutes Furman cracks one in from distance, we'd go effing mental and they'd have to go through the gears to save face. Would be a lot easier if they had a player with the class of Suarez on the pitch.

Granted he might not have been picked for this match as they have bigger games around then but I bet he'd have been on the bench and if Kenny got twitchy he'd be on..

...and if he is out, does this mean that Carroll and/or Bellamy may well be rested now?

That's what I'm thinking now.

Bellamy is no spring chicken, and historically; he's prone to hamstring injuries if he plays a number of games in a row.

My bet is Carroll starts; with Maxi just off him - and Bellamy on the bench. Primed to come on if it's not going to plan for them; but not to used if not neccessary.

On the Luis Suarez thing; I don't understand how they can charge him on hearsay though? There's no video proof, no Liverpool players heard it, no United players heard it & the Officials didn't hear it. It's all on the word of Evra - who lets face it is a quite a lot of prick & I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him......

I can see an appeal winning as from what I've seen & read; there just isn't any ground to charge him.

• 2 weeks later...

No appeal against suspension.

Ban starts tonight.

Suarez won't play against Latics.

http://t.co/OHJomYXc

New Liverpool statement

Scared of M'Voto making him look second rate.

Feck me that statement from Liverpool takes a bit of reading, it seems to be saying that the FA didn't treat Suarez fairly and chose to believe the word of Evra (and others) against the word of Suarez (and others). However, Liverpool aren't appealing because it would damage the good work the FA and others, including Liverpool themselves, are doing to combat racism in football and sport/society as a whole. Excuse me whilst I play the world's smallest violin.

Reading between the lines Liverpool have gotten some new lawyers and whilst they don't believe Suarez is guilty, the evidence presented by both sides to the tribunal makes him seem probably guilty and as this is the FA they don't need proof. Evra is smarter +/- better coached than Suarez and this came across in the evidence they both gave, and there were no technicalities that were wrong that would have allowed Liverpool to appeal and win.

What this statement does do is put Chelsea in such a deep hole they might as well be digging for Oil at the North Pole. John Terry needs to be deemed innocent by both the CPS and the FA (the second being a lot less likely due to the burden of proof required) first time, as any appeal on anything other than a technicality is going to make Chelsea look racist.

Plus if we get a replay Suarez will be eligible to play against both Tottenham and Man Utd. If they had waited until after tonights game they would need a replay for him to be eligible against United. They also play Chelsea late in the season around the sort of time when the FA will be making a decision about him being (probably) racist or not (unless the CPS make it for them). I think Liverpool have played the fixtures nicely I don't think he was ever going to play at the Council house tonight (he's too light weight defensively) and the first leg of the Carling cup was going to be after the deadline for appeal anyway, and he would have missed playing against Man United.