Just when you think some football fans can sink no lower

Whilst the purported chant would be of bad taste, the sources of the claims are inconspicuous. I'll wait until better evidence surfaces before condemning Barnsley supporters with a broad stroke; Twitter is such a poor gauge of clarity in these matters.

Apparently Billy Sharp on twitter said he didn't hear Barnsley fans chanting it.

As an aside is it worse than singing songs about Munich (which I've heard Oldham fans do) or Hillsbrough (which I think I might hear on Friday- although I bloody well hope not)? Both are as bad as each other I reckon; so I think some fans saying its the most disrespectful thing they've heard at a football game is stretching it a bit.

Edited by rudemedic

Whilst the purported chant would be of bad taste, the sources of the claims are inconspicuous. I'll wait until better evidence surfaces before condemning Barnsley supporters with a broad stroke; Twitter is such a poor gauge of clarity in these matters.

Sincerely hope you are right and it isn't true.

Apparently Billy Sharp on twitter said he didn't hear Barnsley fans chanting it.

As an aside is it worse than singing songs about Munich (which I've heard Oldham fans do) or Hillsbrough (which I think I might hear on Friday- although I bloody well hope not)? Both are as bad as each other I reckon; so I think some fans saying its the most disrespectful thing they've heard at a football game is stretching it a bit.

I think you'd be hard pushed to find a more distasteful thing to do than singing about a dead child!