Steve Gerrard

There was a time at Anfield when lower league clubs who bowed out at Anfield got a rapturous ovation from the home crowd as a mark of respect from the home fans. This type of action made Liverpool fans stand out from the rest.

Maybe it was the fact that Oldham had a magnificent following who maybe got under the skin of the home faithful, maybe it was because of the Adeyemi events, maybe it was bacause we gave them a real scare early on, or maybe it was the town full of racists chant, but that wasnt the case last night. In fact even in the after match press conference it appeared KD didnt pay much respect to Oldham or their magnificent support (that said, I haven't seen it all).

That said, one player stood out for me last night. I've not always been an admirer of his, but he went up in my opinion last night. Not only did he use his experience to try and calm Tom down on the pitch, but he was the only Liverpool player who approached the Oldham fans after the game and recognised them with a clap above his head. - whatever his thoughts may have been, he recognised Oldham players and fans alike had given it a real go.

Respect.

Take your point on Gerrard but I its worth pointing out that Dalgliesh openly said the result flattered them in the press last night and their was a section of Liverpools fans in the main stand who clapped our lads off as they walked off the pitch also Dirk Kuyt showed alot of professionalism to calm Tom down after the incident so thumbs upto him aswell.

Edited by GlossopLatic