Golden Ticket Break Even Point

Ive been wondering, at what figure would the Golden Ticket promotion become profitable? Take the walsall game, say 300 people paid on the say at £18 thats £5400. Take a similar figure for the other four games and you get £27k. So far weve sold 1400 GT's at £15 which is £21k. I'm kind of plucking figures from nowhere, but it would be great if the gate reciepts near on matched up, not just for SC but also for future ticket prices. Just wondering...

Depends how you define profit.

Assume 500 payers x £15 v Walsall = £7,500. Repeated x 3 night matches = £22,500.

Let's say there would be 1,000 payers for the Saturday games x 2 x £15 = £30,000.

£22,500 plus £30,000 = £52,500 would have been earned with no promotion.

£52,500 / £15 Golden ticket price = Need to sell 3,500 of them to get as much money through the gate as they would have done with no offer..

Throw in some extra fivers for the car park and brisker trade in the club shop ....

... I just hope lots more buy on the gate tonight.

*all figures wild guesstimates and I know one game is Cat B but couldn't be arsed factoring in that, kids prices, OAP prices and the like.

Edited by opinions4u

Depends how you define profit.

Assume 500 payers x £15 v Walsall = £7,500. Repeated x 3 night matches = £22,500.

Let's say there would be 1,000 payers for the Saturday games x 2 x £15 = £30,000.

£22,500 plus £30,000 = £52,500 would have been earned with no promotion.

£52,500 / £15 Golden ticket price = Need to sell 3,500 of them to get as much money through the gate as they would have done with no offer..

Throw in some extra fivers for the car park and brisker trade in the club shop ....

... I just hope lots more buy on the gate tonight.

*all figures wild guesstimates and I know one game is Cat B but couldn't be arsed factoring in that, kids prices, OAP prices and the like.

I think the £15.00 estimate may be quite a bit lower. Kids prices are £3.00 a game and not sure what OAPs pay but i bet it drags that average down a bit.

Just seen on the OS that 1400 have been sold already. Hopefully get another 600 minimum taking up the offer tonight.

With 2000 extra cars, pies, programmes etc etc hopefully we wont be as far off breaking even as Corney thought it would be.