My 25 Years as Latics Fan Part V

What a start; then followed by a collapse, which pretty much mirrors many a thing to do with Latics during this period. Promising starts to seasons, followed by dreadful runs in the latter stages. Good first halves, followed by terrible second periods.

I was at the Forest game but didn't quite have the run of luck you did. My tyre exploded whilst doing 80mph on the M62 past Saddleworth on the way home. Managed to get to the hard shoulder only to find the (brand new) car didn't have a alloy wheel lock. Waited hours for the AA to come in the freezing cold. But, on account of me not crashing and killing myself, it was worth it.

Cracking stuff.

Sheridan should have had us up. Blew it twice.

---

The 3-3 draw with Exeter - fairly sure Brill saved the pen and it went out for a corner (from which they scored). Not the rebound.

Just recalling Stephens' free kick with the last touch of the game. Could have won it!

Cracking stuff.

Sheridan should have had us up. Blew it twice.

---

The 3-3 draw with Exeter - fairly sure Brill saved the pen and it went out for a corner (from which they scored). Not the rebound.

Just recalling Stephens' free kick with the last touch of the game. Could have won it!

Yeah you're right re the pen. Regards Shez, we were in a false position in 2008/09 and were pretty avergae from mid-October onwards. Leicester and Peterborough were better sides imo, not like 06/07 when for 5 months we were by far the best side in the division.

Yeah you're right re the pen. Regards Shez, we were in a false position in 2008/09 and were pretty avergae from mid-October onwards. Leicester and Peterborough were better sides imo, not like 06/07 when for 5 months we were by far the best side in the division.

I think you touched on it in your post 08/09 it was crazy management which cost us. The bringing of loan players for the sake of it was a shocking idea when we already had players who could do the job in some cases better, plus the fact that we scrapped the reserve team that season meant alot of players were sat kicking their heels when not in the 1st team. This must have lead to some frustration and was possibly the reason for both O'Grady and Davies going out on loan.

I think you touched on it in your post 08/09 it was crazy management which cost us. The bringing of loan players for the sake of it was a shocking idea when we already had players who could do the job in some cases better, plus the fact that we scrapped the reserve team that season meant alot of players were sat kicking their heels when not in the 1st team. This must have lead to some frustration and was possibly the reason for both O'Grady and Davies going out on loan.

True but in hindsight a midfield of Whitaker, Allott, Taylor and Liddell would not see us get promoted….