My view on Yesterday

I may be in the minority but on a personal basis despite the scoreline I enjoyed my day yesterday much more than I have done any home game. Nottingham is a really nice place to watch Football and Meadow Lane is the sort of ground I wish we had (albeit a bit smaller) the banter amongst those who went down on a whole was good (especially in Hooters), we got a few classic chants out there. Looking back on yesterday as a whole I enjoyed my day, call me a rubbish fan if you want but I think the factor with me was that maybe it's just the fact that I try to make the most of my day as a whole when watching Latics rather than focusing soley on the result. A few on here have voiced their opinions on why they don't go anymore, one thing that keeps me going to Latics is the social side of things when watching the club. Sorry if it sounds a bit of a 'girly' thing to say but it's something which we should remember when things aren't going our way on the pitch, there is much more of a togetherness watching Latics than there is at other clubs

I may be in the minority but on a personal basis despite the scoreline I enjoyed my day yesterday much more than I have done any home game. Nottingham is a really nice place to watch Football and Meadow Lane is the sort of ground I wish we had (albeit a bit smaller) the banter amongst those who went down on a whole was good (especially in Hooters), we got a few classic chants out there. Looking back on yesterday as a whole I enjoyed my day, call me a rubbish fan if you want but I think the factor with me was that maybe it's just the fact that I try to make the most of my day as a whole when watching Latics rather than focusing soley on the result. A few on here have voiced their opinions on why they don't go anymore, one thing that keeps me going to Latics is the social side of things when watching the club. Sorry if it sounds a bit of a 'girly' thing to say but it's something which we should remember when things aren't going our way on the pitch, there is much more of a togetherness watching Latics than there is at other clubs

Doesn't matter if your in a minority or not, if you still enjoy going to Latics, home and/or away, then fair play to you :) The social side of things was probably what kept me going until the lookers was demolished.

I remember going as a youngster in the Lookers and seeing groups of blokes in their 20s and 30s having a laugh and a sing song and thinking "I want to be like that one day", but sadly you don't get the same sort of groups at home games anymore

I may be in the minority but on a personal basis despite the scoreline I enjoyed my day yesterday much more than I have done any home game. Nottingham is a really nice place to watch Football and Meadow Lane is the sort of ground I wish we had (albeit a bit smaller) the banter amongst those who went down on a whole was good (especially in Hooters), we got a few classic chants out there. Looking back on yesterday as a whole I enjoyed my day, call me a rubbish fan if you want but I think the factor with me was that maybe it's just the fact that I try to make the most of my day as a whole when watching Latics rather than focusing solely on the result. A few on here have voiced their opinions on why they don't go anymore, one thing that keeps me going to Latics is the social side of things when watching the club. Sorry if it sounds a bit of a 'girly' thing to say but it's something which we should remember when things aren't going our way on the pitch, there is much more of a togetherness watching Latics than there is at other clubs

It's the only way - Wycombe is my next away game and it's a few beers before and after with a couple of local mates - although football is the catalyst it's just one part of the day - that's why away days seem to be more fun -and it's that sense of occasion that needs to be brought back to BP.

I know - why don't we build a social club at the ground? :blink: