Brian Buckley, Latic Fanatic

Another Latics Legend has died. Brian was a truly loyal supporter in good times and bad and, as the O/S points out was Latics first Fan of the Year.

I went to school with Brian , though a couple of years older than him, and travelled with him to many away matches. A native of Denshaw his loss is one that all supporters should feel.

RIP "Bucket",

Edited by LaticsPete

Yep, one opf my best mates, we shared seats next to each other for many a year and both loved going to the Ashton Arms before and after matches...still completely gutted at his death.

Icidentaly, at his funeral, his brother revealed he was born as BP Hospital.....so, whilst a keen Yorkshireman..he was infact a Lancastrian...

Edited by Alec1954

Another Latics Legend has died. Brian was a truly loyal supporter in good times and bad and, as the O/S points out was Latics first Fan of the Year.

I went to school with Brian , though a couple of years older than him, and travelled with him to many away matches. A native of Denshaw his loss is one that all supporters should feel.

RIP "Bucket",

Firstly, RIP Brian, a sad loss.

Secondly, Pete, In the early 70's I used to knock around with a lad we called Bucket who was from Saddleworth. It's a long time ago and we lost touch and I'm wondering if it's the same lad. Was he a mate of Pete and Graham Holden also from Denshaw ?. He'd be aged 59 ish. Just curious. Cheers.

Firstly, RIP Brian, a sad loss.

Secondly, Pete, In the early 70's I used to knock around with a lad we called Bucket who was from Saddleworth. It's a long time ago and we lost touch and I'm wondering if it's the same lad. Was he a mate of Pete and Graham Holden also from Denshaw ?. He'd be aged 59 ish. Just curious. Cheers.

Yes the very same.

Yes the very same.

Oh dear, I really was hoping it wouldn't be him, I really am so sorry the hear of his death he was a cracking lad. A gang of us went on holiday to Torquay in 74, had a great time but I met my missus soon after and we went our seperate ways. Funny, but in all these years I can't remember seeing him at BP and assumed he'd given up going. And, as Alec mentioned the Asshton Arms, that's were we did our drinking all those years ago, happy memories.

RIP Bucket.