Not football but important to the club

Looks like another comprehensive win for Labour last night, time to deliver their promises now with 26 more seats than the rest put together, we will never have a better chance to move this town forward. Over to you Cllr McMahon...

Looks like another comprehensive win for Labour last night, time to deliver their promises now with 26 more seats than the rest put together, we will never have a better chance to move this town forward. Over to you Cllr McMahon...

Full Story

http://menmedia.co.uk/oldhamadvertiser/news/politics/s/1492751_local-elections-2012-labour-strengthen-hold-on-oldham-council

Im a politics student and would love to go on QT, but Im told that the applications are open to all the NW not just oldham as first pressumed.

It's worth trying - they try to keep the audience politically balanced so if you tell them you are a Lib Dem you've probably got a better chance at the moment!

I actually met Jim on the campaign trail yesterday and i must say im very impressed with the way he talks about oldham and its future. i didnt actually raise the subject of latics, but when talking about the town in general i got the impression he wouldnt announce anything to the public without fully believing in what he is saying. He is very down to earth, and tbh i don t believe he would announce the plans last year without fully intending to carry them through.

I am the first to admit im am not a labour voter by any means at national level, but i reckon good things are happening locally with labour in charge. i dont see why latics shouldnt be one of them.

just a pitty that bastard sykes got in again in bloody shaw. what the hell do people see in him. all he bloody does is point at bollards and pot holes!

Yes Labour have a clear mandate, but does that involve OAFC? How many who voted for them actually support the club - probably a very small minority.

That being said, McMahon wants to bring a hotel and cinema to the town - surely there's an opportunity there. I know we're back to plan A of redeveloping BP but if there's a chance for a mini-Middlebrook (Reebok Stadium), we should go for it.

I don't live in Oldham so don't know much about the local officials but Sykes seems pretty naiive from his comments in the Advertiser article. Apparently he can't understand why voter turnout is so low - perhaps because ALL the major parties have let us down. This year has been the first time since I've been eligible to vote that I haven't bothered.

It's worth trying - they try to keep the audience politically balanced so if you tell them you are a Lib Dem you've probably got a better chance at the moment!

better still if you tell them you voyr BNP. you'd be more popular than the Lib-Dem, and you'd get a reaction from dumbleby.... :lol1: