• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start this by saying good luck to the lad. I think he's been a very decent player for us for the last 2 1/2 seasons; and though I've never even spoken to him; he does strike me from what I've seen spoken about him as a very nice young man; who is more than entitled to move on and try his luck with a bigger club at a now higher level.

What I do think strange though is the mini love-in that has happened here. KL looks to be turning us down and moving on; and pretty much every man & his dog is wishing him well and some are sending him on his way with a 'best right back in league one' and the like compliments.

Chris Taylor also looks to be moving on this summer; turning us down and looking to move on to a higher level. His reception is far more hostile; less glowing and plenty are seeing him off with a 'feck off' rather than a good luck.

Why I ask? What's the difference and why the different attitude to 2 players who are both turning us down to move to a higher team??

Yes Kieran Lee has won the player of season ward for 2 years running. But, winning that for a Latics side that finished 17th & 16th in League 1; and contained some average & below average players in it; is a bit like being crowned the best signer in One Direction. Yep you're the best; but you're the best from a very; very average group.

On the other hand, CT has played 286 times for this club; scored some vital goals in amongst his 30 odd and has been at the club, a club he supports, for 10+ years.

One is bid a very warm farewell, the other not so much - and for me; it's just very; very strange.

I happen to think that Kieran Lee can make a decent fist of playing in the Championship - and I really do wish him well for it. He will though have to work very hard indeed at certain aspects of his game; aspects that a lot on here breeze over. In the Championship; he'll have to really work on the defensive side of his game; specifically his positioning, as otherwise, he'll be exposed even more than he was at times here. Dave Jones is a very good manager & coach, and I'm sure with plenty of hard work (which by all accounts KL is more than prepared to do) he can make a success for himself at a higher level.

To be fair, he is going to be protected with better players infront of him, leaving him a little less exposed.

This could also be the argument with Eardley also.

fair play if he has gone....same with taylor as well.....

lee has been here for 3 seasons is it??? and we have shown very little in getting promoted,so cant knock someone for wanting to play at a higher level...dont think wages would of been a big consideration,because he liked playing here.....he left united and must have been gutted,shez said he was unfit lazy and a bad trainer....so we have been his stepping stone....just hope we get decent replacement in....somehow i dont see it.

Shez never put him in the squad, how do I know . easy, KL told me that he was looking to go out on loan and he had only been at the club for 2 months,

Plus, it was Penney who played him at right back in an emergency and volia, it worked.

yes but how old was lee when he first signed 19/20? With about ten first team games to his name, We had eardley at right back then with lomax as back up. shez would of wanted him to gain experience on loan not to force him out. Eardley was sold during penneys only preseason and lee was told by penney he had no future at the clubuntil injuries forced him into giving him a game.

[edhunteruk' timestamp=1337178793' post='549026]

fair play if he has gone....same with taylor as well.....

lee has been here for 3 seasons is it??? and we have shown very little in getting promoted,so cant knock someone for wanting to play at a higher level...dont think wages would of been a big consideration,because he liked playing here.....he left united and must have been gutted,shez said he was unfit lazy and a bad trainer....so we have been his stepping stone....just hope we get decent replacement in....somehow i dont see it.

Did he say that??? :smoking:

yes but how old was lee when he first signed 19/20? With about ten first team games to his name, We had eardley at right back then with lomax as back up. shez would of wanted him to gain experience on loan not to force him out. Eardley was sold during penneys only preseason and lee was told by penney he had no future at the clubuntil injuries forced him into giving him a game.

So Penney gave him a chance then?

reluctantly he did yes weeks after he told him he had no future .

more like months after,penney told him before the season even started that he had no future at latics and was made available for loan,kieran decided to stick it out and try to win a place as he was only contracted to the end of that season anyway,it was the last few weeks of that season penney played him as no one else was available and joe royal carried it on when he came in.

for comments above about eardley and lomax being here under shez and thats why he wasn't in the squad is rubbish,he was brought here as a midfielder not a right back and the midfield playing at that time wasn't the best so i do believe shez had the hump with him

more like months after,penney told him before the season even started that he had no future at latics and was made available for loan,kieran decided to stick it out and try to win a place as he was only contracted to the end of that season anyway,it was the last few weeks of that season penney played him as no one else was available and joe royal carried it on when he came in.

for comments above about eardley and lomax being here under shez and thats why he wasn't in the squad is rubbish,he was brought here as a midfielder not a right back and the midfield playing at that time wasn't the best so i do believe shez had the hump with him

Best keep that quiet about Shez having the hump with Kieran....he's a legend around Hillsborough....just in case there's any truth in the rumours :omg:

so because a 19year old wasnt starting ahead of allott (player of the year that season) and whitaker (scored crucial goals that year) shez had the hump with him ? Was it not just a case of shez thinking he wasnt ready yet ? Edited by GravityGrave

so because a 19year old wasnt starting ahead of allott (player of the year that season) and whitaker (scored crucial goals that year) shez had the hump with him ? Was it not just a case of shez thinking he wasnt ready yet ?

The Lee/Whitaker partnership would have been just the thing to push us onto promotion.

so because a 19year old wasnt starting ahead of allott (player of the year that season) and whitaker (scored crucial goals that year) shez had the hump with him ? Was it not just a case of shez thinking he wasnt ready yet ?

maybe but allot,whittaker and smalley had some shocking games a lot of shocking games to be fair that season

In my opinion, everything about Lee was summed up at Bramall Lane: his celebration. Not the bit PD took the piss out of, the bit where he kissed his finger and pointed the to the fans, instantly after his shot found the corner, while he was already turning and running back. He didn't give it the big I am and run towards the fans celebrating wildly, although no-one could have blamed him. Instead, his actions suggested the attitude of 'get back into position, yes it's 2-2 but there's still 20-odd minutes left to work and find a winner - the job isn't over yet'. We need a team with his work ethic and attitude. Hero

Sorted all the confusion out...Kieran was just about to sign, when John :censored:in Terry popped up in full Weds kit, took the pen off him and signed on his behalf!! Kieran's now on his jollies and no-one can contact him to verify that this is the case!!

good luck to him, dont think he will play regulary because he is not good enough to play right back in the championship yet - he will be found out very quickly but he if keeps working hard he will make it.

I hope it works out for him like any player that has donr well for us

now lets get a right back who is actually natural right back ...please

oh and if he doesnt want to be here :censored: him!