just seen the front of the chron re the development of the old town hall into a cinema liesure complex ?

how will this affect our pursuit of funding from these types of buisnesses for the re development of our ground ?

as i understand it the new stadium will not now incorporate any facilities like this. it will solely be a football stand/conference centre/function room sort of gaff. dont think this latest venture ever had a cinema development attached to it.

personally dont think it will effect us in the slightest. if all the things jim mcmahon is talking about actually happen - and currently there are no reasons for them not to happen - i think it will only be good for the club.

as i understand it the new stadium will not now incorporate any facilities like this. it will solely be a football stand/conference centre/function room sort of gaff. dont think this latest venture ever had a cinema development attached to it.

personally dont think it will effect us in the slightest. if all the things jim mcmahon is talking about actually happen - and currently there are no reasons for them not to happen - i think it will only be good for the club.

I think there is a plan to include a hotel.

Yeah but to be fair you have to start somewhere. no where in oldham centre is an exceptional place for a hotel, but start building these things and overtime it will become a good place. especially once the metrolink is up and running.

shaw has already got shay wake, and the cricketers is supposedly becoming a sports bar. give it 5 years and im hopeful it will become somewhere to rival lees rather than the :censored: hole it is now for a night out. and it will have far better transport links.

no dig at anyone in particular, but one of my biggest gripes about oldhamers is the instant wish to knock things before they have had chance to happen. i know its all been done before, and flopped, but i have a gut feeling this council might actually get things done for once. and that includes aiding the development of bp