Senior Squad - as of now

The list demonstrates that Latics are definately in the business of staying up rather than going up which will probably end in going down. The players we have are only contracted for one year. The nine offered contracts will have been offered less money so it is no wonder that they are taking their time. Supporters disposable income will contiue to shrink as the Government cuts begin to bite (you ain’t seen nothing yet) and this will force a year on year downward adjustment in players wages so no business man is going to offer contracts for more than a year. This time next year we could have nobody! We have to wait but why not moan as this is a downward spiral.

The list demonstrates that Latics are definately in the business of staying up rather than going up which will probably end in going down. The players we have are only contracted for one year. The nine offered contracts will have been offered less money so it is no wonder that they are taking their time. Supporters disposable income will contiue to shrink as the Government cuts begin to bite (you ain’t seen nothing yet) and this will force a year on year downward adjustment in players wages so no business man is going to offer contracts for more than a year. This time next year we could have nobody! We have to wait but why not moan as this is a downward spiral.

And the most optimistic post of the jubilee weekend award goes to...

I just dont get all these threads......

How can we comment on whether the squad is good enough to keep us in the division or not when its the 2nd June and we haven't made a single signing yet?

Of course the squad looks weak - its to be expected. There were cries again last season of a chance to clear the dead-wood, and whether or not you agree with some of the released being dead-wood or not, that has happened.

I felt it was pretty obvious that Lee & Taylor would be off and so it has panned out....i wont be surprised to see Simpson & Morais join them either. It happens. You move on.

PD isnt a mug. He'll realise that he needs to add. He isnt stupid. And we will add.

They might not be Messi, Ronaldo or Van Persie coming in; but im sure that PD had targets in mind - the type of players he talked about a few weeks ago - run through brick wall types. They'll come in and add to what's already here and again I'm sure we'll be more than fine.

People need to relax. Its June 2nd. Its early days.

Oh - any update on Byron Walker?