I just love football and can watch any match, whatever level and regardless of whoever's playing. Have a soft spot for Derby County as I lived there for 3 years and the BBG was in walking distance.

Don't have any hatred or dislike of any team and always want the English clubs to do well in all European competitions.

As I've posted many times before; I have no links to the town whatsoever, being born and bred in midlands. Just a strange twist of fate in the 80s led me to support the club for over 25 years now.

Nothing compares to watching my beloved Oldham though. I'm fortunate to attend a lot of games through corporate events and in five star surroundings. However, I'd give up any one of them to sit in the Chaddy whatever the weather and watch us play.

I've never experienced growing up an Oldham fan amongst United and City fans. However I've spent all my adult life having to field questions of 'why Oldham?', 'who the :censored: are Oldham?' and 'what division do they play in?' from Villa, Blues, Baggies, Wolves, Derby, Forest, Coventry fans...and the list goes on.

To me I'm part of a very exclusive club, away from the theatrics of the Premier League and one that gets the occasional mention in the press. I like being 1 of the 3 or so thousand as opposed to being 1 of the 3 or so hundred thousand.

When we finally repeat some success and experience a promotion or cup win, I can say that I've been there at the bottom and in the bad times, cheering on the McNivens, Boshell, Dudley and others.

Why waste your time debating your feelings for other teams when the only team that matters is the one you support already?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a football snob, but the minute someone tells me they're a United fan (less so with City, but on the same spectrum), I can't help but switch off a little bit when having a conversation with them about football.

Some, I agree, but there are a few out there, I usually preface this with "I know they are Utd fan but they know about football". There's a woman I work with, season ticket holder at Old Trafford, retires this years and knows more about football than most people I know, we have long rambling conversations about footie, the Euros were a delight, we both had Russia and Germany to do well and laughed when results proved that we know absolutely nothing about the game.

I've got a dirty red for a brother in law, he too is knowledgeable about the game and can talk about all football and not just what happens in Fergie time.

..what really pisses me off is people thinking that I hate City because of their new money. As if I didn't hate them before?

Quite agree. When it came down to the choice between the two Manchester clubs I wanted City to win the league as I wanted Utd to win it less than I wanted City to win it. I've a few city mates and I told them that I wanted them to do Utd but as soon as they won the league I would go back to detesting them, moneybags clubs, ruining football with their foreign money and plastic fans. Love Balotelli though, I hope they sign a few more entertaining footballers, might start watching Match of The Day again.