Royton Cricket Club v Michael Vaughan's England Legends

Cracking evening at The Paddock.

England scraped home by 4 runs but the "Legends" we're brilliant with the kids, posed for loads of photos and were a credit to their sport.

Those I can recall from the lineup included Devon Malcolm, Gladstone Small, Alex Tudor, Neil Fairbrother, Chris Schofield, Mal Loye, Martin Bicknell! Paul Nixon, Richard Blakey nada chap called Patel who I'd never heard of!

Cracking evening at The Paddock.

England scraped home by 4 runs but the "Legends" we're brilliant with the kids, posed for loads of photos and were a credit to their sport.

Those I can recall from the lineup included Devon Malcolm, Gladstone Small, Alex Tudor, Neil Fairbrother, Chris Schofield, Mal Loye, Martin Bicknell! Paul Nixon, Richard Blakey nada chap called Patel who I'd never heard of!

Was that thelegendary Min Patel, whose mystery ball consisted of the question as to how he got selected by his school team?

Min Patel indeed.

(Who is he?!)

He played one Test for England, during which he delivered a ball roughly in the direction of the other end of the wicket at a slowish pace a number of times. It generally proceeded in the same direction upon bouncing.