Terry

The best response to being the "captain" can't be this either.

I can remember when Barca won the European cup in 91 or 92 at Wembley they put their home shirts on as they had been playing in their away kit.

I'll probably get slaughtered for this, but I won't condemn Terry for joining in the receiving of the cup. JT et al are regarded as cocks, wankers and every other insult known to man purely because of bad press. Yes, JT, along with others, has done some daft things along the way, but he is Chelsea's club captain so, in my eyes, of course he's entitled to be involved in the celebrations. As for being in his kit, so were Bertrand, Hilario and others who didn't even make the bench. Not one word has been mentioned about them. Why?

I can assure you that Terry does some sterling work behind the scenes and never puts any of it in the public arena. The selfless work he does with the younger kids and for charity goes unnoticed. An old lady, a lifelong Chelsea fan who is always watching them train at Cobham, was spotted by JT and invited in to meet the team and spend some time with all the players before being given some club goodies.

And, although I won't go into the details, I will always be grateful to JT for the unselfish kindness and generosity he showed Mrs Bristolatic when she was well enough to be a Chelsea disabled member.

Yes, he's been a right pillock at times, but there is another side to him as well which is never publicised. He has helped Chelsea get to that final, so let him enjoy it along with the rest of the squad that weren't pilloried for discarding their suits for footie kit.

OK, you can have a pop at me now. It's all about opinions after all.