Dickov- claims we were the better team

I don't think we were the better team. but for long periods we were on top. Our fans seem to forget we had quite a few good chances. Montano's shot in the first half was brilliantly saved and if six inches to the right of him would have gone in. Tarky missed the sitter of the match. several shots just wide of the post that their goalkeeper would not have got. More corners from us. Referee inexplicably gave them a free kick right on the edge of their box when it was Tranmere who handled in a perfect position for Baxter. A good performance by the team against the best team I have seen in this league for some time. More worrying was the performance against Bury. If we had played like this against Bury for the full 90 it would have been an easy victory.

Tranmere came to win, played without fear and with confidence. They were sure they could beat us so we were allowed to play where it didn't matter. Bury desperately needed a result and were set up to stop us playing and we let them do that - the win was a bonus for them. Being allowed to play our game does not make us a good team unless by so doing we can win. Would I swap they way the played for the way we played? Of course I would!

Edited by Hands on