Dickov- claims we were the better team

Their keeper made one proper save , a good shot from M'Changama , but straight at him , never going in.

We huffed and puffed after the goal , but did not make their keeper work very hard at all.

He should ask why the team decided to take half time break 5 minutes early , they missed 2 of the worst misses you will ever see & Bouzanis made a terrific save.

I could have been their goalie in the first half , he was unemployed.

Less drivel for the media & more 90 minute performances needed, not waiting till we go behind before going for it.

There was an illusion that we were the better team because once they scored they sat back, allowed us to attack and simply knew that we wouldn't score. We had the majority of attacking intent in the second half but to no avail but Tranmere just allowed it. They could have attacked and battered us. In fact, there were some very humilating periods in the second half where they retained possession and we got nowhere near to them. They were so much calmer on the ball and effective and productive than us.

It seems to me like he is relying on the fans being clueless about football in order to save face. Not fooling anybody, Paul.

Trannies are top for a reason , thought we did ok after they scored, showed guts but no service from the wide areas, and always looking long for smith Played into there hands.

They are a well drilled unit, we are a group of arguably better players but no plan b whatsoever .

I thought we had a lot of the possession today and put them under a lot Of pressure. But we don't attack the 6 yard box, don't gamble and don't put our head in where it hurts. Smith must be a joy to play up top with. He wins every header. Tranmere were so deep even their fans were shouting get out. We're not a million miles away, but it feels like we are.

Positives, furman who I thought was excellent, tarky and grounds. Although the goal game from grounds side. Worries are Warbara who was poor and Montano's confidence is shot. Sutherland to start next week.

Edited by welshgaz

There are no positives when you don't win again and again! They had four clear chances and only managed to score once. We had no clear chances. We lost! Dickov stumbled into the best formation when he petulantly replaced Wes with Smith only to change what worked well by taking our best player, Croft, from the field. 1 point out of 12 when we should have taken 6. I'm negative but only in response to what I see - we flatter to deceive.

Best way I'd describe it was an even game territorially (on the whole anyway) but that we had the cutting edge to fashion out chances we should have taken, whereas you got close to our area quite often but didn't know what to do from there. Thought your no 6 was quite a decent centre half (Tarkowski?) but towards the end you were trying the same tactic of launching the ball out wide, trying to get behind the full back and play it low across the goal and we had the measure of it every time.

Best way I'd describe it was an even game territorially (on the whole anyway) but that we had the cutting edge to fashion out chances we should have taken, whereas you got close to our area quite often but didn't know what to do from there. Thought your no 6 was quite a decent centre half (Tarkowski?) but towards the end you were trying the same tactic of launching the ball out wide, trying to get behind the full back and play it low across the goal and we had the measure of it every time.

Can't argue with that, you were more incisive than we were, we need to learn and quickly.

Can't argue with that.

I think we were a bit predictable.

I'm not sure that you'll run away with the league. But keep doing the basics right and you'll have a decent chance, because there are no standout sides in the league.

Enjoy the good times. Slightly jealous.

Can't argue with that.

I think we were a bit predictable.

I'm not sure that you'll run away with the league. But keep doing the basics right and you'll have a decent chance, because there are no standout sides in the league.

Enjoy the good times. Slightly jealous.

Snap anyone's hand off for 6th spot. The key factor with the league this season was Charlton, Wendies and Huddersfield going up and out of it, allowing some of the lesser spending clubs a shot at it. With the players at your disposal you should be a lot higher than that- Wesolowski's played Champ footy before, Baxter we know all about, Derbyshire's played in the Champions League, Bouzanis showed today he's a good keeper, there's definitely more ability than a 19th place side easily. Whether that's Dickov's fault I wouldn't know, obviously you see the sort of stuff every week so would know more about it but us and Bournemouth are examples of removing someone not cut out to coach his players and bringing someone who can and are reaping the rewards.

Snap anyone's hand off for 6th spot. The key factor with the league this season was Charlton, Wendies and Huddersfield going up and out of it, allowing some of the lesser spending clubs a shot at it. With the players at your disposal you should be a lot higher than that- Wesolowski's played Champ footy before, Baxter we know all about, Derbyshire's played in the Champions League, Bouzanis showed today he's a good keeper, there's definitely more ability than a 19th place side easily. Whether that's Dickov's fault I wouldn't know, obviously you see the sort of stuff every week so would know more about it but us and Bournemouth are examples of removing someone not cut out to coach his players and bringing someone who can and are reaping the rewards.

Its good to hear that from a outside viewpoint you know the potential of our team. I couldn't agree more with this, Eddie Howe revitalised Bournemouth completely, granted, they have a more expensively assembled team than us but the same principles could apply. We have an individually talented side that desperately needs leadership, motivation and inspiration. Does Dickov give that? Not particularly. I can't see detriment in sacking him now, I find it tough to imagine we could do any worse with another manager at the helm.

My only qualm with getting rid of Dickov is that in the transfer window he comes into his comfort zone so with a new manager we could risk losing that eye for talent that Dickov has. It would be perfect for him to be involved in scouting rather than managing but whether we could afford that position or if he would want to move to that role, that is unlikely.

I thought we were too.

But they defended very well and we made errors at the back.

I thought we were the better team. My brother (who isn't a Latics fan so has no reason to be a happy-clapper) said he can't believe Tranmere are top of the league and he didn't think they deserved anything from the game today (and a fair bit of unrepeatable stuff about the referee, who was utterly dreadful). They defended well, our players wanted to take 2-3 touches too many (scared of giving it away/looking too much for the perfect pass after the bollocking in the week maybe?) and our final ball wasn't good enough, but i thought we played well.

e2a: just put the radio on after reading on here and it was playing Happy Talk by Captain Sensible. Ever get the feeling the universe is taking the :censored:ing piss?

Edited by rosa

Tranmere were the better team - they should have been at least 3 up at half time.

I can't believe Tranmere are top of the league either, but it's an awful division and someone has to be!

Arguably, we're "the better team" in most games but constantly lose to teams we're supposed to be better than.

Tranmere were the better team - they should have been at least 3 up at half time.

I can't believe Tranmere are top of the league either, but it's an awful division and someone has to be!

Arguably, we're "the better team" in most games but constantly lose to teams we're supposed to be better than.

Lets face it, that was never going to happen was it?

Yes I agree they had 3 great chances in 2 minutes going in to half time but if they had scored 1, it takes time to restart!