I might be stating the obvious here, but this is our pivotal game of the season.

It could be as simple as:

Win: Prize money, potential money-spinning 3rd round draw, keep our loanees/Baxter for longer and potential to settle and push higher up the league.

Lose: None of the above, likely to be a season long relegation battle and the end of Dickov's reign.

A draw would just keep us on the same path and postpone the above for a week and a half. Only difference being that we would know the carrot that we are aiming for.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I was hoping a draw wouldn't mean a replay because to play them four times in 30 days is a bit much. I don't think the game is that crucial anymore as Dickov will survive and we will see a relegation battle whatever the result. If we do win, then I'd want a team we have a chance of beating in the next round and then either Man U or C away in the next - that way we get even more cash.

I agree this could be pivotal but don't forget we are just as likely to get a trip to Stamford Bridge The Emirates or Old Trafford as we are to getting an away trip at the likes of Bournemouth, Yeovil, or Bristol Rovers (don't know if any of those clubs are in the 2nd or 3rd round but you get my drift)