Notts County chairman accuses fans of lack of support

Apparently Notts County's chairman's said he's not prepared to put any more money into the club because the fans aren't supporting him:

Trew posted on a fans' messageboard to say he also cannot spend more to back their League One promotion push because of salary restrictions.

Trew, who said he has invested £12m since taking over in 2010, added: "I am not prepared to increase that sum.

"And the only way I will inject further monies is in the form of loans."

He added on Notts County Mad: "If I am being totally honest I am not motivated to even do that currently because I am not being supported by you, the fan base."

From BBC

I always think any comment like this from a chairman is a pointless and stupid one. the only people who will listen and take note are the ones already attending, who will be pissed off by the chairman saying they are not supporting their club, when in fact they have paid 300+ each for a st, or regular attendance. those who it is actually refers to, those who have stopped going will show little indifference to the comments, and it will if anything drive them away further