Fans owned Latics

I am becoming disillusioned with football!!! Nothing but money money!!

I am not saying Simon Corney hasnt done a good job, he has. Keeping this club afloat must be a daunting task every year. However, I cant remember when the last time fans had some 'real' input into this club. No one wanted to go to Failsworth, and luckly we didnt, but how much real input did we have. Did we want to change kit for celebrating a 100 years. Or the badge for that matter!!! These are tirival things but it shows how much lack of interest club has in the fans, sometimes.

Then there is the financial issue. There is no guarantee that being a fans owned club would support us for the long run ( AFC Wimbledon and even FC Barcelona have found it difficult) however a one off membership fee each year could go a way in helping the club. Also with it being fans owned it would give a level transparence to the financial situation, and gives us the opportunity to find out where the fans want the money spent. This brings us to the case of the youth system, as we were asked for our input, but is that a long term decision the club has made in keeping it? I doubt it, next season there will be another review. I would personal, rather see a fantastic youth coach get paid £40k to make a real impact on the players of the future, than see it go to 2 average football players as sigining on bonuses for a 3 month loan.

I like Corney, I really do. Could Corney not run the club with the a fans owned scheme????

On this forum we are constantly complaining about the team, support, atmosphere..... being a fans owned club could help change that. Its not the (french) blue sky solution, but I for one want to make decisions and help the club I have loved all my life!!!!

Rant over...... One fan, one vote

It's all very romantic, sadly. I'd love to see it but simply can't see how a club with a fanbase the size of ours could ever maintain a professional club.

As for Corney, why would a fan-run club want to keep a man at the helm who's overseen the last ten years of downsizing our club?

It is an exaggerated point of view! But not saying it can't be done. It works in a lot of place and a lot of bigger clubs, Barca, Real, a lot of Germany clubs also can work with the smaller ones FC United for example. Like I said in my original statement it's not the be all and end all, but I think it is feasible. On the case of failsworth, all the people I spoke to and myself were against the move, and I appreciate people saying it is not Manchester, but the M35 post code didn't sit right with me.

Maybe the romance of football has gone for myself, who knows!!!!