Best moment of yesterday...

When we had that second corner in the 95th minute, I stood my nephew on the seat so he could see...when the goal went in, I saw his face, an 8 year old cheering himself almost in tears..

In 1989/90 I was 7/8 years old and I never thought my nephew would see the kind of match which hooked me over 20 years ago....how delighted I am that a new generation of fans can experience a similar set of emotions than I/we had many years ago.

Not only do I believe finances are being bolstered to keep the club afloat, this cup run must surely be building attendances for years to come...lets hope so!

Edited by Fruitygoo

My sister, life-long Latic, couldn't come to the game as had to look after her young kids.

She was glued to the TV and scared my 5 year old nephew with her reaction to Smith's equaliser! I don't think he'll ever have seen her make such a racket and apparently ran out of the lounge to hide!

We're hoping to get him down to BP in a couple of years so he can witness the magic first hand.

Not the best moment of yesterday but a great one for today

As usual on a decent day the young kids are outside wearing their United tops and kicking a football about

The big difference today is that as they kick the ball theyshout out "Come on Oldham"

There is hope for them yet

We took our 9 year old nephew and he stood in the ailse becuase he couldnt see and when that goal went in he said he nearly had an heart attack and couldnt beleive it had gone in, all the way home he kept saying I cant beleive Smith scored! bless him, to be honest my ticker was going some aswell lol

Janet

We took our 9 year old nephew and he stood in the ailse becuase he couldnt see and when that goal went in he said he nearly had an heart attack and couldnt beleive it had gone in, all the way home he kept saying I cant beleive Smith scored! bless him, to be honest my ticker was going some aswell lol

Janet

Janet, I think you'll be interested in a picture in today's Chron. Click on the link and go to image 2.

http://www.oldham-ch...-stop-believing