Corney and Johnson on BBC Radio Manchester at 6pm

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? You're :censored:ing joking aren't you?

Website

Chaddy End Roof

Ground that's falling apart

A team chock-full of loanees every season

Six month contracts

Not locking down investments like Smith on longer contracts

Playing budget chopped and slashed season on season

No long-term strategy for the club

Still no stand

Backroom staff placed on gardening leave

Staff reduncies

NO marketing department.

It's all PR bull:censored: at its finest. I completely reserve judgement to see what happens in the summer. Do we actually sign 8-10 players on reasonable contracts, actually build a side that is going to compete? Or do we do as we normally do which is sign 2 or 3, and then go well into pre-season before we start getting players in?

But that "we don't do things on the cheap" comment? :censored: off Simon. Just :censored: off with that crap. YOU'VE BEEN DOING THINGS ON THE CHEAP FOR 4 :censored:ING SEASONS NOW.

Nail on the head

What? You're :censored:ing joking aren't you?

Website

Chaddy End Roof

Ground that's falling apart

A team chock-full of loanees every season

Six month contracts

Not locking down investments like Smith on longer contracts

Playing budget chopped and slashed season on season

No long-term strategy for the club

Still no stand

Backroom staff placed on gardening leave

Staff reduncies

NO marketing department.

It's all PR bull:censored: at its finest. I completely reserve judgement to see what happens in the summer. Do we actually sign 8-10 players on reasonable contracts, actually build a side that is going to compete? Or do we do as we normally do which is sign 2 or 3, and then go well into pre-season before we start getting players in?

But that "we don't do things on the cheap" comment? :censored: off Simon. Just :censored: off with that crap. YOU'VE BEEN DOING THINGS ON THE CHEAP FOR 4 :censored:ING SEASONS NOW.

Can't dispute the cost cutting and yes a longer term strategy is needed (though the stand is the first step), but we were running at a significant and unsubstainable loss for several years. I cannot agree that running within a budget is the cheap option.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I must say I was underwhelmed and shocked when I heard about the appointment but the interview session was extremely impressive. LJ does sound just the ticket, dynamic, intelligent with plans and strategies that impress. He isn't just the smooth talker that PD was. His ideas fit into the latics historic style - playing attractive footballand looking for goals. He might be the Frizzell, Royle or George Hardwick that have come to us as first-time managers and excelled. I think he's confident we'll stay up with just one new player and some organisation - he'll continue to carry on TP's efforts at fitness tactics and strategy. Hopefully Grounds as captain will improve his play also (I thought Ground's was a loanee fo a year, but there). Anyroad, I think we are on the way up, the problem hopefully will to be hold on to the tyro, and Corney will have made a good decision (all the other appointments were by the 3As).

I heard the interview on GMR and I still need help with...

"There is a manager of a club in a higher position in League 1 than us who would do the job for NOTHING"

Is this really true?

Who could that possibly be?

Is he clinically insane?

Would imagine it was Blackwell.