9. 9. Jean-Yves Mvoto

• Big Time Charlie
    • Mr Consistent
    • Invisible Man
  10. 10. Robbie Simpson

• Big Time Charlie
    • Mr Consistent
    • Invisible Man

It seems not many are missing Dean Furman, Ironically, he would have missed yesterday's game, as he flew to SA for a WC Qualifier.

It got me thinking about those that raise their game for the likes of Everton, Liverpool, but not dig in for the bread and butter game.

It would also seem to fit in with LJ's standards.

So who do you think, if any, are big time Charlies?

Edited by singe

It's possible that the scorers on Tuesday are the three biggest wage earners (loanees apart).

There was some discord around Baxter on Saturday. But I'd struggle to describe him as a "big time Charlie" even though he's a big fish in a small pond.

Robbie Simpson's ability to come up with the goods in bigger games and throw himself to the floor in the league means the accusation could be aimed at him. Jonathan Grounds, while player of the season in many eyes, was identified by the new manager as somebody who's a leader. But in no way has he been a leader on the pitch. There's the suggestion that Croft has the lifestyle, but he puts in a shift.

So, on the whole, I'm not convinced any of them are. I think they've been poorly led for some time. And that's not just down to Dickov.

I put the entire blame at the feet of Dickov. Think we have some big egos in that dressing room, and I got the impression that Dickov was to nice to kick some ass. Tactically he was naive that could be forgiven, but a lack of fitness at this stage of the season is criminal. Could you see Dowie or any other decent manager being so lax on fitness, and I know Dickov wasn't the fitness coach but he oversees things and should have been on the ball . Not to mention he turned a decent league 1 team into relegation fodder.

The only players I had any hesitation with were Baxter and Smith. I labeled Baxter a big time Charlie, but I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing. A team needs a player who thinks/knows he's good and has the confidence to express it.

Smith on the other hand I went for Mr Consistency, but if he is going to a Championship club in the summer I'd be tempted to drop him into the category of big time Charlie, letting his success get ahead of him..

I'm not taking part in this labelling and blaming poll. It's totally unfair.

What's to say you can't be a big time Charlie and consistent? Is invisibility a good or a bad quality? If my name was on this poll I'd probably quite like to be invisible.

:blind: !

I put the entire blame at the feet of Dickov. Think we have some big egos in that dressing room, and I got the impression that Dickov was to nice to kick some ass. Tactically he was naive that could be forgiven, but a lack of fitness at this stage of the season is criminal. Could you see Dowie or any other decent manager being so lax on fitness, and I know Dickov wasn't the fitness coach but he oversees things and should have been on the ball . Not to mention he turned a decent league 1 team into relegation fodder.

Dickov put the team together, and at no point has it been a decent League One team. He didn't turn them into relegation fodder, they have been that since they have been together.