And that, good Doctor, is spot on for me.

I like Wes. I think he's a whole hearted player, who leaves nothing on the pitch every game. The effort is clearly there, and when you compare him to some of the other defensive minded CM's we've had (Worthington & Goodwin immediately spring to mind), he's really not a bad player for League One.

Played with the right partner, in a formation that 'makes sense' (unlike the way PD unfortunately reverted to playing his 2 CM's) - Wes is and will be an effective player for us IMO.

If we are indeed going to play a high press game (and the Yeovil game as a standout example showed me that we will be), with lots of battling for the ball back - it should suit Wes down to the ground. Win it back and give it onto players like Dayton. He has shown (Preston away) that he can get in the box and have an effect, scoring goals. I hope LJ gets him believing and getting forward, as well as doing the ugly stuff.

He's under contract, he's our player, and used right - he should be a big player for us this season.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Have an upboat, good sir.

Personally I thought he was used wrong under Dickov. Whilst wes can have an impact scoring goals, his best work (imo ) was deeper, nipping into tackles. Furman's best work was further forward. That is how they played when we first signed Wes.

When Wes came back into the side after injury last season they had switched. Furman was being asked to get the ball from the defense. He was deeper. I remember turning to my dad and saying "that wont work". Furman never had the shackles off. Barring Forest 2nd half.

Edited by pukka

snapback.pngStevie_J, on 10 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

We're currently in phase 1 of LJ's management. This stage is characterised by us fans finding wisdom behind every iota of every decision taken, including what deodorant he wears and what he feeds his kids...

I love this post. Can see this being quoted in about 6-12 months time.

To;

We're currently in phase 1 3 of LJ's management. This stage is characterised by us fans finding wisdom fault behind every iota of every decision taken, including what deodorant he wears and what he feeds his kids.

Edited by BP1960