On our fav rumours site, Kennedy has been rumoured to sign. For one I would welcome him, as he from what ive seen of him (going to dale games with friends) he has stood out in midfield, quite powerful going forward and a good shot on him. From when Rochdale were in League 1 (under hill) he did well and all Rochdale fans rate him! Good news, he is out of contract, so would any one take him? Get him on a 2 year deal LJ!

always hated him when hes played against us but keep things together and gets up and down well

how many midfielders do we really need tho. Thats all we seem to be being linked with are we going the flase 9 route

As many as it takes to keep Wesolowski out of the team

he will do that when he inevitably dislocates his shoulder again.

He had another op whilst he was off towards the end of the season; so hopefully that will reduce the risk of him dislocating his shoulder back to normal.

Given that the rest of the banana rating crew have moved on I expect Wes to move on too - LJ obviously doesn't like cliques that are all over twitter the night before games -

in all seriousness he wants a squad that play for each other not four or five that think they are above the club? Can do what they want and still get picked every week

Edited by oafcprozac

I see Wesolowski is the latest boo boy then.

Dickov Out.

I don't see what's wrong with wanting to improve your team...

He's a decent player but probably one of our highest payed players who I'd say we don't get our money's worth from and is vulnerable to injury.

I won't be complaining if he's in the starting line-up next season but there's loads of better CMs than him in L1. If Mellor continues as he did at the end of last season I'd even place him ahead of Wes.

Think the exodus has more to do with wages rather than what people are getting up to on Twitter.

We're currently in phase 1 of LJ's management. This stage is characterised by us fans finding wisdom behind every iota of every decision taken, including what deodorant he wears and what he feeds his kids.

During phase 2, generally reached by six months or so into the first full season at the latest, things fan out a little, with many still adopting the phase 1 position, with some becoming more balanced in recognising that the man in charge is making mistakes but maintaining an optimism that he will work on these and improve, given time. Even if the manager's shortcomings are significant, most will afford him the benefit of the doubt. A small number of fans will, as early as phase 2, be convinced that the manager is completely :censored:, probably claiming him to be the worst in the club's history and will threaten not to set foot inside Boundary Park until he has gone.

Phase 3 is one in which the manager is on borrowed time. The tide has turned and the group throwing hissy fits and shouting about not renewing season tickets and such like has grown to a significant portion of the fanbase. Even the most optimistic fans are beginning to wonder whether their faith in his brand of deodorant was misplaced all along. This stage generally starts around 18-24 months into the manager's tenure. By now all those same decisions that were genius during phase 1 are based on either a rationale that a five-year-old could pick apart or alcoholism. The manager's back room staff, signings, interviews and matchday attire will be ridiculed widely. Rarely will the manager remain in the job for more than 12 months once phase 3 has been reached.

And repeat.

Something like that, anyway.

So Wes wasn't a player who played 35+ games for Peterborough as they got promoted from this Godforsaken league, then?

Play him with the right player(s) in CM and midfield as a whole and he has already shown his pedigree.

The problem was neither him, nor Furman, nor Dickov knew how to play (or not to play together).

So Wes wasn't a player who played 35+ games for Peterborough as they got promoted from this Godforsaken league, then?

Play him with the right player(s) in CM and midfield as a whole and he has already shown his pedigree.

The problem was neither him, nor Furman, nor Dickov knew how to play (or not to play together).

A bit like Lampard and Gerrard together!

We're currently in phase 1 of LJ's management. This stage is characterised by us fans finding wisdom behind every iota of every decision taken, including what deodorant he wears and what he feeds his kids...

I love this post. Can see this being quoted in about 6-12 months time.

And that, good Doctor, is spot on for me.

I like Wes. I think he's a whole hearted player, who leaves nothing on the pitch every game. The effort is clearly there, and when you compare him to some of the other defensive minded CM's we've had (Worthington & Goodwin immediately spring to mind), he's really not a bad player for League One.

Played with the right partner, in a formation that 'makes sense' (unlike the way PD unfortunately reverted to playing his 2 CM's) - Wes is and will be an effective player for us IMO.

If we are indeed going to play a high press game (and the Yeovil game as a standout example showed me that we will be), with lots of battling for the ball back - it should suit Wes down to the ground. Win it back and give it onto players like Dayton. He has shown (Preston away) that he can get in the box and have an effect, scoring goals. I hope LJ gets him believing and getting forward, as well as doing the ugly stuff.

He's under contract, he's our player, and used right - he should be a big player for us this season.