European Match Tickets

Going To Barcelona in September, want to take a game in, they got Sevilla while i'm there. Searching for tickets on the web all sorts of different websites come up, anyone recommend any trustworthy one's or anyone had experience of going to games abroad, how did you get tickets etc?

Going To Barcelona in September, want to take a game in, they got Sevilla while i'm there. Searching for tickets on the web all sorts of different websites come up, anyone recommend any trustworthy one's or anyone had experience of going to games abroad, how did you get tickets etc?

Been in 2005 to watch them play the other team from Seville, Real Betis at home.

I think to be honest, the only match which may be tricky is clearly the Classico, and of course some high profile Champions League matches. But for everything else, tickets are freely available from their own ticket office. We purchased ours a couple of days before the game there for a pretty reasonable price. I'd also suggest paying slightly more to avoid sitting in the top tier. You're at the Camp Nou, one of the best stadiums in the world. Don't watch the match miles up in the sky, try and get bottom of the top tier or any of the lower tiers.

I'm thinking of going to Istanbul in a couple of years for my 40th birthday and want to time it right for a Galatasaray vs Fenebache match, hopefully in the month or two either side of it. If anyone can give me recommendations of how to source tickets for that I'd be very appreciative.

Tickets for new season not on sale to general public till tomorrow. They go on sale today for members only.

Sevilla won't be a sell out, but the best seat will already be gone.

Best to buy as soon as possible to get best available seats, or by the time you arrive, you'll be sat in the clouds.

Best place besides the official website,http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/calendar to buy tickets is ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.es/nav/landings/es/deportes/entradas_fcbarcelona/index.html where you can collect your ticket on arrival at any Servi Caixa bank ATM in the city, using the payment card you paid tickets with.

Any other questions, please ask away.

Edited by johnny punkster

• 2 months later...

Just rang the Leverkusen ticket office to get tickets for a game at the end of October - they spoke English excellently and it was all very simple. Made me wonder if the top clubs in England have multi-lingual ticket office staff or whether they expect others to speak English if they're calling from abroad.

Also got tickets for Monchengladbach the following day - home to Eintracht Frankfurt so will be able to see what all the fuss is about on here.

• 3 weeks later...