on paper. . .

Is this the best front line we have had at the club in this league?

We have had better individuals over the last 17 years but i cant remember having players of the quality we have now while at the same time being backed by depth and supposedly decent wingers and midfield as well.

Edited by philliggi

Beckett, Liddell, Porter, Warne & Killen wasn't bad

Can't argue with that line-up but that's when we had the dosh.

Recently over the years we've failed to secure a decent forward line. Hughes was prolific but at the end of his career and came with the baggage. The Flying Finn was definitely at end of his. Barnard was the only one to tick the box of quality and the right age but he wasn't our player.

The difference with Rooney is that we've got a quality player contracted to us who's just coming into their prime for a striker. Add to this JCH who has years ahead of him but showing immense promise.

Some very saleable assets we now have in our team across the middle and up front; areas that command decent fees.

Shows how it can be a 'buying' (recruiting club's market)

LJ had been true to his word about the quality available within our constraints, which is testament to his persuasive abilities. Although I am greedy and want that centre half in sooner rather than later.

We've not loaded ourselves with loaners either yet and according to SC out budget didn't yet include loanees do I'm hoping there may well still he that option once clubs settle down and decide which lads don't figure or the ones they want to get out there and play regular football.

Shows how it can be a 'buying' (recruiting club's market)

LJ had been true to his word about the quality available within our constraints, which is testament to his persuasive abilities. Although I am greedy and want that centre half in sooner rather than later.

We've not loaded ourselves with loaners either yet and according to SC out budget didn't yet include loanees do I'm hoping there may well still he that option once clubs settle down and decide which lads don't figure or the ones they want to get out there and play regular football.

.....are you going to the meeting @ 3pm Prozac? It would be interesting to know what the longer term plans are for that position. Apparently Mellor played the position in the junior ranks, so he's not a complete novice to the role, but I get the impression it isn't a long term solution....!