Assistant Manager

Obviously it looks as though Johnson has decided that he doesn't need an experienced assistant. (Or he feels money is better spent somewhere else)

I really hope he reconsiders this and or money is there for one. The role of assistant is an undervalued one, but it's massive. Alex Ferguson comparitively struggled without a decent one at times. I believe there is a decent manager in Dickov. I think that when the chips were down he had no experience to fall back on - yes if the assistant is poor it was ultimately him who needed to change it, I know that, but I think he may do better at Donny than people believe with an old head to sound off.

I hope that if we don't get an assistant in, someone can make me eat my words on this post when Johnson has worked wonders. I just feel this is a major mistake.

Tp s experienced , but how much of that has been gained as a 1st team manager or assistant ?

And it's the back 5 where the experience is lacking , 4 of the starting defence are under 21 , and even grounds didn't play many games at boro .

Manager's choice to go that way, time will tell whether right or wrong.