Latics4Life 2014/15

Just to update on Latics4Life, we've been having a few problems transferring funds but the Community Trust should receive £350 this week, which will obviously fund 35 kids' season tickets.

I will try to provide details of the groups that benefit from the scheme in due course.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to date.

Just to update on Latics4Life, we've been having a few problems transferring funds but the Community Trust should receive £350 this week, which will obviously fund 35 kids' season tickets.

I will try to provide details of the groups that benefit from the scheme in due course.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to date.

Wow that's brilliant stevie, well done for taking this on

• 3 months later...

Just a short update on this. The money raised so far has been used to buy season tickets for looked-after children and children from deprived areas and there should be an article on the club's official site in the New Year.

Thanks for all the donations - any more would be very welcome.

Merry Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

Underdog, there's a few quid in the account currently. When the Evans signing is confirmed, I'll be transferring that to the club (as I can't see what else I can do with it) but then I'm done with this. Given that I absolutely won't take my kids to support the rapist, I'm not at all comfortable in continuing with this. I'm sorry it's come to this. If someone else feels like taking it over, I'm happy to pass on the paypal and email accounts.

• 4 months later...

I won't be doing this next season, I'm afraid. There's a bit of money in the account which I'll pay over to the club, then I'm out.

It's a shame as I think it's a great initiative in principle but I'm not sure the club really has all that much interest in it. For months I've chased for some very basic updates as to how the money has been used, in order to inform those who've donated how their money has been used and to encourage others to donate but I've had next to nothing. There was supposed to be articles on the official site - again, nothing.

And, after a season in which OWTB was threatened with legal action by a club director, I think I'd prefer to keep my interactions with the club to a minimum.

This is why I'll be donating my Prediction League winnings to Playershare instead.

Thanks to everyone who donated to Latics4Life. If anyone else wishes to take it on, I'll be more than happy to try and transfer over the PayPal and email accounts.

Hello Stevie J

Thanks for taking this on for last season and of course your donation to playershare too.

If there is no interest and no serious objections from yourself or other fans, I can ask Trust oldham if they would like to take over the reigns.

I know wardlelatic has raised it on a previous occasion how we can/should support this more.

We can see how this thread pans out and then if it's a goer, contact wardle or myself.

Thanks again

• 2 months later...

Hello Steve.

I think Wardlelatic/Jorvik might be in touch with you this week sometime to see If anyone has taken up the baton, or if it is agreeable to all, the trust will taken the lead for you

Thanks for all your hard work

Another £20 transferred today, which means getting on for £500 in the past year. That's a great effort. Thanks to everyone who contriubuted and thanks and good luck to the guys stepping in to keep this going.

They will no doubt update on things in the near future.

Cheers! :chubb: