Lockwood again! & Other players who've had a huge, instant impact.....

Bobby Johnstone. put thousands on the gates. First match when defending tight match with 5 minutes or so to go took the ball into the corner and played keepy uppy till the final whistle. The fattest and most skilful player we have ever had. Mre recently Locky. That man cn organise a defensive line.

Alan Young (Scottish schoolboy, sent straight into the first team, sold on for a big fee at the time)

I thought we lost Young to Leicester via the Bosman ruling? If I remember correctly was the first or at least one of the first under the ruling. The panel fee was £250,000, we should have got a million.

Alan Young (Scottish schoolboy, sent straight into the first team, sold on for a big fee at the time)

I thought we lost Young to Leicester via the Bosman ruling? If I remember correctly was the first or at least one of the first under the ruling. The panel fee was £250,000, we should have got a million.

Freedom of contract rather than Bosman but similar. It was the first I think, just as Chris Makin was the first to be able to move overseas for nothing. A bit like us finishing third in the first season of the play-offs...

Freedom of contract rather than Bosman but similar. It was the first I think, just as Chris Makin was the first to be able to move overseas for nothing. A bit like us finishing third in the first season of the play-offs...

We have plenty of firsts: founder member 3rd div north, 4th div, premier league, as you say first to get caught by freedom of contract and first I think to play semi final of FA cup at Wembley (along with 3 (insignificant) others.

Good pub quiz question in there somewhere.