Places to watch sport in London

daniel

I'm off to the boxing at the O2 arena on May 30th, same day as the FA cup final, not at all familiar with London and I know there's plenty on here who are. So I'm looking for somewhere good to watch the football, something like a sports bar would be ideal or a pub etc, don't mind travelling from North greenwich station but hopefully not too far.

Any recommendations?

I'm off to the boxing at the O2 arena on May 30th, same day as the FA cup final, not at all familiar with London and I know there's plenty on here who are. So I'm looking for somewhere good to watch the football, something like a sports bar would be ideal or a pub etc, don't mind travelling from North greenwich station but hopefully not too far.

Any recommendations?

It depends what you're after.... You're not too far from Shoreditch High St, Hoxton Square or Brick Lane (Aldgate East) which is littered with pubs, bars, restaurants and nightclubs.... But if you don't like hanging around with uber cool under 25yo band members and artists who are waiting for their big break, then avoid them.

Alternatively Borough Market and along the river toward Southwark. Some decent pubs & restaurants and not over touristy, am sure you'll find one with sport on.

You could try to hook up with the OASIS lot but they'll most likely be playing computer games and painting radical banners in between having the odd Monk's Chain

You'll still be trying to plan your journey back from Calais....! ;) Edited by lookersstandandy