Laptop charger throwing trip switch

rosa

When I plug my laptop (acer aspire 5349) into the charger it's throwing the trip switch for the sockets. I've ordered a new charger but I'm worried the problem might be with the laptop itself. Is it more likely to be the charger or the power jack/ battery?

Most likely the charger, if you coil the lead up tight when not in use it can sometimes cause a cable split internally shorting across live and neutral or to earth.

The problem with the trip switches though is that sometimes they are too sensitive, get the old fuse box back and stick a n ail in instead of 5A fuse wire (just joking for anyone trying to do this)

Most likely the charger, if you coil the lead up tight when not in use it can sometimes cause a cable split internally shorting across live and neutral or to earth.

The problem with the trip switches though is that sometimes they are too sensitive, get the old fuse box back and stick a n ail in instead of 5A fuse wire (just joking for anyone trying to do this)

I've seen a screwdriver jammed in there once on a rewire. God knows how the house didn't burn down.