Have we had a shot?

Radio manc said we didn't.....this is the killer for me, you should have a punt on goal as soon as your anywhere near the box, even if it's to get a lucky rebound of the gk or a post, then again to have a shot on target would help too.

Edited by underdog

Radio manc said we didn't.....this is the killer for me, you should have a punt on goal as soon as your anywhere near the box, even if it's to get a lucky rebound of the gk or a post, then again to have a shot on target would help too.

Chesterfield game proves this, two pot shots from outside of the area and we scored from a rebound and with the help of the post and keeper error.

But why do football players seem unwilling to WANT to score a goal? What is causing that to happen? When they seemingly want to they can do ... It simply defies belief. If this is the modern coaching mantra then someone needs to have a look at it. I agree with Underdog that certain things should happen early in a game . A few are simple things like a keeper should come out for a cross with his fists so the potential scorer may think twice next time .. a player having a shot on goal should absolutely hammer the ball and work on the theory if you're in its way you're gonna get hurt lol .. same with centre halfs, let that guy jump WITH you but make sure he's less willing next time around ha ha

I simply cannot figure out why we persistently try to walk the ball into the net, and try to play it calmly out of trouble at the back! Yeah it looks good as world beaters, but as bottom feeders we're gonna look nothing if not very amateurish.

Ah hell with it .. who knows what the answer is.

As mad as it sounds, I will not be a happy chappy if we turn Sheff Utd over at the weekend. That to me will show we are paying to watch out and out mercenaries who care not one jot for our club.

Edited by thetramdriver

Chesterfield game proves this, two pot shots from outside of the area and we scored from a rebound and with the help of the post and keeper error.

Exactly, I yearn for a tryer, to have a go, get me off my seat, get me to go oooooooo....when at least we are near the onion bag. This lot are like rabbits in the headlights...are they so messed up that no one wants to have a go....can't understand it

Exactly, I yearn for a tryer, to have a go, get me off my seat, get me to go oooooooo....when at least we are near the onion bag. This lot are like rabbits in the headlights...are they so messed up that no one wants to have a go....can't understand it

I wouldn't be particularly arsed if one of them shot from 40 yards and it cleared the stand as long as there was some attacking intent