Bolton Beer Festival

Living as I do a short walk from the Macron Stadium, I've been itching for the day we play Bolton away.

Tonight I've realised that the beer festival, relocated to one of the big rooms at the stadium this year, is running over the weekend of the game! (October 15th)

Now I'm sure police will have something to say about opening times etc, but it's usually a good do, and thought I'd let my fellow Latics fans know in advance in case they want to make any special plans to attend.

According to the rarely-wrong http://www.beer-festival.co.uk, the usual Saturday afternoon session has been shortened, with reduced admission price, due to the football, with opening times TBA. The late Friday and Saturday sessions are as normal.

Anyone who ends up attending on Saturday, I hope you enjoy the Managers big band, which have among their number a few friends of mine.

And remember, always ask for "half" pints. :drinking45:

Hi Simpo, do you know how many pints (sorry, halves) correspond to a sheet of tokens? (can't find this info anywhere on the site and it's probably the most important!).

Something like...

£15 = 22 tokens

£8 = 11 tokens

5 tokens (£3.60-ish) for nearly every pint of ale, 3 tokens (£2ish) for a "half", which is generally more like three quarters. Plenty of other ales, lagers, coders, bottles etc, some costing less tokens.

You get the idea.