FAO The Trust - ticket prices for kids

Is this something you can take up with the club please?

It's £10 for under 16's everywhere in the ground but the Family Section (which is like a morgue and unlikely to get a kid hooked on OAFC).

I'm sure there used to be under 12's pricing and it was free for under 5's.

My kids are 6 & 7 and my season ticket is in the North Stand. They'll usually attend a handful of games a season and I want them to sit where I usually sit for various reasons and £10 is excessive given their attention spans.

Me aside though - aren't a lot of new or lapsed supporters that the club should be trying to attract most likely to try the spanking new stand and won't a lot of them who would like to bring the family be put off by these prices?

It was a pound for kids at Bury the other week. For AWAY fans.

Edited by HarryBosch

I had this issue last season. Lad used to go to the match day club which is very good value £5 pound in they go in family stand with kids of similar ages and get to play on the apple Mac's etc whilst supervised and you collect your child after the game. One game he wanted to come and slum it with his dad and sit near the singing, sitting in the same stand just not in the family stand cost me £10 I found it a bit daft. Although I do see why the club are doing it, it feels like your forced to go in there to get the £5 entry, it should be the same all over the ground, keep the family stand open and let it be a success or failure by the fans don't try and force people in to it to make it a success.

Is this something you can take up with the club please?

It's £10 for under 16's everywhere in the ground but the Family Section (which is like a morgue and unlikely to get a kid hooked on OAFC).

I'm sure there used to be under 12's pricing and it was free for under 5's.

My kids are 6 & 7 and my season ticket is in the North Stand. They'll usually attend a handful of games a season and I want them to sit where I usually sit for various reasons and £10 is excessive given their attention spans.

Me aside though - aren't a lot of new or lapsed supporters that the club should be trying to attract most likely to try the spanking new stand and won't a lot of them who would like to bring the family be put off by these prices?

It was a pound for kids at Bury the other week. For AWAY fans.

. Agree cost me a score to take my 6&9 yo , the other week in the main stand at Walsall game. Should be a fiver each all over the ground if they are accompanied by a s/t holder.

The disparity between kids ST prices and pay by match should be addressed.

Match price is about 50% higher than ST price for adults , but kids is 500%.

I disagree that it needs addressing.

The absolute bargain price of a kids season ticket needs maintaining and promoting at every opportunity.

Doesn't attract the casual family though - £68 for a family of 4 vs about £34 on STs.

There should also be an option in kids STs to swap stands for a limited number of games. This would help reinforce a feeling of being part of the whole club.

It cost me £300 for my season ticket and my lads was free in the family and community stand with the added bonus of no earache off the missus cos my lad is no longer coming home and chanting at the missis "who the fkin hell are you". Of course I would love to sit in the North Stand but its tons better for my lad in the F&C stand. He loves it. And doesn't pick up bad language.