It's (almost) a Given

This summer on owtb has been dominated by the "it's a done deal" thread and I enjoyed all the speculation of will he won't he.

So let's have another one cos we all love a bit of speculation.

So Shey Given. Will he won't he? Tbh I'd take his experience. Regardless of age keepers can perform much later than outfield players and although it's at the top end 41 for a keeper isn't necessarily past it.

At this late stage in the summer I think we could do a lot worse

14 minutes ago, philliggi said:

This summer on owtb has been dominated by the "it's a done deal" thread and I enjoyed all the speculation of will he won't he.

So let's have another one cos we all love a bit of speculation.

So Shey Given. Will he won't he? Tbh I'd take his experience. Regardless of age keepers can perform much later than outfield players and although it's at the top end 41 for a keeper isn't necessarily past it.

At this late stage in the summer I think we could do a lot worse

It would be kind of funky if he was our keeper.

Shilton played his last game for Leyton Orient at 46. Doesn't mean I agree with signing a 41 year old keeper, even though they do play longer than outfield players.

(Thinks. If I get my boots out, can I play? I only stopped playing 38 years ago.)

As I mentioned in another thread, I think Shez' s quotes in today's Chron rule out Given.

He says he has 3 keepers in mind, all of whom have been playing throughout pre-season. That seems to exclude him and probably most free agents (unless we pick one up who's been on trial elsewhere). 

My money would be on a young loaner from a higher division.

1 hour ago, bozman said:

As I mentioned in another thread, I think Shez' s quotes in today's Chron rule out Given.

He says he has 3 keepers in mind, all of whom have been playing throughout pre-season. That seems to exclude him and probably most free agents (unless we pick one up who's been on trial elsewhere). 

My money would be on a young loaner from a higher division.

Hasnt Given been having a bat with Macclesfield?