League Tables 02.04.2018

Following his promotion at the end of last season, Hometownclub goes top of the Premier League, cutting short DavidCollinge's reign in pole position to one week. SAV, astottie and rosa were top scorers. There were no changes from 12th down, so the relegation battle is hotting up. Two players failed to predict.

In the Championship, there is also a new leader as milnrow latics climbs two places. Early season runner, singe, is stuck in 4th, while yarddog73 slides perilously close to the relegation trapdoor. josh_latics lost out on two potential points by failing to predict a half time score. Unless there are some upturns in form, there'll be some well known names in League 1 next season. 11 players did not make a prediction.

Premier League

Na5Cv2j.jpg

nluiZCf.jpg

Championship

44fHlUa.jpg

6Km0WHM.jpg

A reminder how the promotion and relegation will work next season, provided we get enough contributors again so we can introduce League 1.

QjQFL4N.jpg?1

13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Hometownclub = Brian Clough’s Nottingham Forest.

Certainly trying, although I can see this going right down to the wire.

I was looking to just consolidate this season, given my Championship budget compared to the big hitters.

1 hour ago, Hometownclub said:

Certainly trying, although I can see this going right down to the wire.

I was looking to just consolidate this season, given my Championship budget compared to the big hitters.

Budget? Pah-hahahahaha. 

If I could pick one reason why this season has been so poor in quality, it’d be that people no longer see the game for what it is and just desperately need a sense of perspective. 

6 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

It’s been a very tough watch this season. One veers from hysterical laughter to bleak depression at the amateurishness of it all. Still, Dave Collinge will win it - possibly with a record low point score - which would be a nice ending to a great career. 

5 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

If I could pick one reason why this season has been so poor in quality, it’d be that people no longer see the game for what it is and just desperately need a sense of perspective. 

Ok, let's talk perspective...... all divisional winners since the beginning.....

DcjkfMp.jpg
Edited by lookersstandandy

In addition, the number of Predictors surpassing 100 points - regardless of division - in a season is;

2011/12 - 1

2012/13 - 7

2013/14 - 19

2014/15 - 19

2015/16 - 27

2016/17 - 31

2017/18 [so far] - 22 with 8 games to go.......

....I'd say the quality has improved markedly from the amateur days when you used to be any good.....!

33 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

In addition, the number of Predictors surpassing 100 points - regardless of division - in a season is;

2011/12 - 1

2012/13 - 7

2013/14 - 19

2014/15 - 19

2015/16 - 27

2016/17 - 31

2017/18 [so far] - 22 with 8 games to go.......

....I'd say the quality has improved markedly from the amateur days when you used to be any good.....!

Okay Poindexter. How about you normalise attendance points to 2012/13 values? What happens then?

Also, we know that it was possible to exchange money for points from 2014/15, which was when the game really lost its way.

44 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Okay Poindexter. How about you normalise attendance points to 2012/13 values? What happens then?

Also, we know that it was possible to exchange money for points from 2014/15, which was when the game really lost its way.

Ok, let's look at this another way..... this is your efforts over the years..... you're hardly Liverpool of the 70's and 80's are ya....?..... and you got caught shoving sand paper down your budgie smugglers.

dlrqwtj.jpg

10 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

You can't really argue with the 176 from 15/16.....

....that you can't..... and in your defence, it is likely to remain the regular season points records beyond this season too.

It's your overall record that suggests the reason you refuse to put you dummy back in..... is because you're not confident you can repeat it.

I mean, you were woeful in 14/15.

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

....that you can't..... and in your defence it is likely to remain the regular season points records beyond this season too.

It's your overall record that suggests the reason you refuse to put you dummy back in..... is because you're not confident you can repeat it.

I'm happy with my amateur and professional era titles. No one but me and Dave Collinge has done that. What've you ever won? Fuck all I'll bet.  I am a legend of predicting and you're a trophyless cunt.

9 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

It’s been a very tough watch this season. One veers from hysterical laughter to bleak depression at the amateurishness of it all. Still, Dave Collinge will win it - possibly with a record low point score - which would be a nice ending to a great career. 

7 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Budget? Pah-hahahahaha. 

1 hour ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

41 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I've said under oath that it was Zorrro who shoved the sandpaper down my kecks.

You can't really argue with the 176 from 15/16. They still talk about the 27 points I got from guessing Latics first scorer. We only scored nine goals all season.

28 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I'm happy with my amateur and professional era titles. No one but me and Dave Collinge has done that. What've you ever won? Fuck all I'll bet.  I am a legend of predicting and you're a trophyless cunt.

It's been so peaceful on here recently and I couldn't quite work out why. Now I know. It's because a certain non-entity has been absent, but has decided to join in again making pointless comments about a competition that he is too scared to re-enter. I'll lay a bet he isn't brave enough to enter next season; starting in League 1, of course.

So sad, really. He was such a nice boy until he got caught doing unmentionable things to Zorrro to inveigle him into his den of iniquity.