33 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Is this definitely right. Seem to have the feeling at the time that money from transfers and cup runs may have been used to fund the stand too. No evidence whatsoever to back this up though.. 

Suppose one way or another this is true, as these funds would have meant less money from T3A needed to fund day to day, so they could afford more for the stand.

Correct but that doesn't support the narrative, we had some reasonable transfer fees in around that time (Tarky, Korey Smith, Clarke Harris) plus a couple of lucrative cup runs, I think Blitz confirms somewhere that he only stepped in once the project went bump, at that stage a substantial amount of work was done well in excess of the 700k it is reputed as the funds the club contributed. All smells a bit to me including the involvement of the contractor whose pally with Blitz yet also fronts the FLG and as I've said previously why did the whole lot get moved over to Blitz surely the club should of retained an interest and part ownership at the very least for the funds we had contributed.

Puzzles me why Blitz escapes without being challenged here and people somehow believe every word he says I certainly don't and have boycotted the OEC on principle since it was taken away from the football club - after all that's all we are fighting for isn't it? 

We haven't really heard the clubs position on this but it will be interesting to hear when it all comes out in the wash and it may well be proved that is all above board and indeed Abdallah (The football club) are clutching at straws but I've still got an open mind and will draw my own conclusions

I would also add that Blitz makes no decisions to suit the football club he has put us on our arse for a decade or more through mismanagement and greed, every available revenue stream to the football club has been cut off including this stand and he has effectively got others to do his dirty work for a number of years, I hope the courts show the club some sympathy because this man deserves none.

I know Abdallah and his brother were not a particularly good fit for the football club and they've made plenty of mistakes but there are others equally culpable in my eyes with regards to our demise Blitz, Corney and Owen all should share the responsibility, Abdallah is just the fall guy in my eyes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Your analogy doesn’t really work does it?

Closer to the Oldham situation would be, you own a home and rent the house to your mate. You build a nice extension to the house for him to use and he turns around and sues you saying he should own the extension because he arranged a grant to pay for a portion of the cost.

Imagine you are the judge, what’s your verdict?

Well not quite as said mate must have owned it before.

Whatever the weather Blitz won't lose and AL will wondering why he bothered. 

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I would also add that Blitz makes no decisions to suit the football club he has put us on our arse for a decade or more through mismanagement and greed, every available revenue stream to the football club has been cut off including this stand

Did Blitz stop the club signing a profit making SLA with the OEC?

26 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Did Blitz stop the club signing a profit making SLA with the OEC?

Sorry but with all due respect if the club have ploughed X amount of pounds in to the construction why aren't they treated as a partner in the project, they shouldn't have to negotiate an SLA given they've contributed to the overall build, do people honestly believe Blitz comes out of this smelling of roses? He's ring fenced another asset shafting the football club - once again.

I think the clubs view point whether right or wrong is that they should be in control of their own investment not some bloke who doesn't give a shit about the football club dictating to them what they can and can't do with it, not unreasonable really given it was put there to benefit the football club and the grants were agreed on the proviso it became a community asset.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Sorry but with all due respect if the club have ploughed X amount of pounds in to the construction why aren't they treated as a partner in the project, they shouldn't have to negotiate an SLA given they've contributed to the overall build, do people honestly believe Blitz comes out of this smelling of roses? He's ring fenced another asset shafting the football club - once again.

I think the clubs view point whether right or wrong is that they should be in control of their own investment not some bloke who doesn't give a shit about the football club dictating to them what they can and can't do with it, not unreasonable really given it was put there to benefit the football club and the grants were agreed on the proviso it became a community asset.

And it's not even a supporters asset.

Archived