big flagggggggg

Markoasis

As I'm in the Paddock this year I need a couple of volunteers to get the big flag going on match days. It is currently packed away at the back of the Chaddy (main stand end). I usually go into the ground around 1pm and unfold/fold the flag and make it ready to go .... you'll find this impossible to do at 2.24pm with everyone milling around. I should be able to arrange access to the ground around 1pm ... but you WILL need to leave the ground before the gates open.

• 1 month later...

It's a pity there weren't any volunteers, but I didn't volunteer either.

Omonia Nicosia in Cyprus have two massive flags - one stretches the full length of one side of the ground and the other the full width of one end. Apparently the are unfurled three minutes before kick-off, and in the recent UEFA Cup-tie against CSKA Sofia, the fans hidden under the flags on two sides of the ground missed a wonder strike for one of the quickest goals in the history of that competition - after just 16 seconds.

Here's a flavour of watching football with the Omonia's Gate 9 Ultras:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LaWluQILxtc&...ted&search=

• 3 months later...

Some Latics' fans have links with Eintracht Frankfurt. Their Ultras recently celebrated ten years in existence with a display at their end of the stadium.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y-KEQdjZUyI&NR=1

If we start practising in the New Year, could we perfect something similar in time for the official opening of the redeveloped BP? On the other hand could we please stretch the big flag tighter to show off its beauty?

Some Latics' fans have links with Eintracht Frankfurt. Their Ultras recently celebrated ten years in existence with a display at their end of the stadium.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y-KEQdjZUyI&NR=1

If we start practising in the New Year, could we perfect something similar in time for the official opening of the redeveloped BP? On the other hand could we please stretch the big flag tighter to show off its beauty?

you're joking aren't you? the season ticket holders would complain that they can't see because of the flags and need a refund, the potd would complain that the season ticket holders had the blue flags and got in cheaper, and the people who didn't go but listened on LW would complain that they couldn't see the action.....

we need the pizza bird in the van back - that's a proper celebration.