A Little Over Ten Years Ago....

Guest sheridans_world

Guest oa_exile
I think several people still watch Latics to give them an outlet for their frustration or whatever in their daily lives.

I for certain like my Saturday afternoon so i can let of steam , thats all part of it :grin:

:exile::who: Where else can i jump around like an idiot for ninenty minutes :angry: OR :dance:

........and not get looked at very strangely ? :sign0094: :goggle::unsure::huh::blink:

Guest oa_exile

[quote name='Rocky_Latic' date='Sep 18 2007, 11:28 AM' post='54878'

.......the Candlelight in Oldham. :grin:

Is that start place still open :blink: , "Candlelight home to the Sticky Carpet" :grin:

Since i am a Happily Married man with two kids i wont tell you of "Some" of the stories from my *cough* "Mispent Youth" ^_^

Guest oa_exile
Following market research on this thread, we are pleased to offer an alternative OWTBs Bus for travel to away matches.

All aboard

NOTE :

Exile prints that post off so he can remember to "Discuss it" in detail with LL the next time he see's him :violent111:

(When you get to my age you need to leave yourself reminders :huh: )

............ :unsure: now then where the hell did i leave my trusty Bat :bat:

Edited by oa_exile

I started watching Latics in the mid eighties, before the Play Off season, and i wasnt hooked as such, as i had been for a few years previously, but only once in a while with my dad.

The Play Off season caught my attention, and it was where i could go with my friends from school and hang out.

The Pinch me season was the only season i have a hard time remembering, it all happened so fast and i suppose it was forgetable as we won nothing.

The Championship season i remember well, as i can still remember walking through the underpass in Wolverhampton on the way to the first game, and also driving upto Portman Road seeing the cantilever stands and hundreds of latics fans.

I dont think people who remember those times well expect us to be as good as them, but the team as a whole should want to be as good as!

I remember in 94' at BP we played Manure, and neil Adams scored the far post winner, there were people around me moaning about that game and we held our own for what seemed like 90 minutes of Utd domination.

I remember in 94' at BP we played Manure, and neil Adams scored the far post winner, there were people around me moaning about that game and we held our own for what seemed like 90 minutes of Utd domination.

93 Beardy. That memory is going :wink:

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Some excellent posts and opinions on this thread. Let's be fair, honest debate is what this board is all about. Like many of you, I've been to Hell and back several times over with Latics, right from my very first game as a 5 year old way back in 1949/50.

I'll never stop re-living the glory days of Bobby Johnstone / Bert Lister / Billy Spurdle / Albert Quixall and the later "pinch me" years when that little home-spun, family club from the town of cotton mills made it to Div 1 / Premiership. Equally, I'll never stop re-living the dark days of battling against re-election in the old Div 3(N) / Div 4, nor the abject misery and disappointment of relegations to where we are now. My one huge disappointment is that I hardly saw a game from 1991 to 1997 whilst working abroad. I'd always spend time listening to those who WERE there.

For that is what supporting your team is all about - Oldham born and bred, with blue (and tangerine) blood running through your veins, proud to be a part of it no matter what the performance. Oh yes, re-live the past and share it with others who may or may not have been there, but :ktf: and have the confidence that there is no reason that we can't scale the heights again. Look at that 10 year old table - if the likes of Fulham, Wigan, Watford et al can manage it, so can Latics.

Yes, we've had a bad start, but I can't believe that we are a bad side. We have the one of the brightest young managers in the game, an honest and hard working man who got the best out of his squad last season. He will do it again this season; it's just taking a little longer, that's all.

So come on, all you true blues - kick and head every ball with them, shout & yell & sing your hearts out and, if like me, you can't get to some of the games, put your Latics shirt on and try to get hooked up to the live commentary. Then close your eyes, listen, and imagine you are there.

But come this Saturday, I WILL be there - Walsall is the first one I can get to this season and if I don't go home with a sore throat, the present Mrs Bristolatic will think I've become unwell.

:bblue2::OWTB1::bblue2::latics::bblue2::bluearmy::bblue2::comeon::bblue2::aplayer1::bblue2:

Some fantastic view from real Latics fanatics - just proves we aren't a Bolton/Blackburn who suddenly get a few fans with success, we have a die-hard following that remember when things weren't so good. We all share the same passion and love for the Latics and always will - we will show our support every game we go to and the next - I am proud to be a Tic and proud of the majority of our supporters - even the moaners have their place in history!