Last one to post wins

singe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you never read any books and think you are a qualified expert on philosophy, sociology, economics, religion and car mechanics? :wink:

I definitely never read any books... know sod all about cars, nothing about philosophy or sociology (poncy subjects), cant stand religion or talking about it, dont understand the economy... and before you mention politics - my view is very similar to that of brian from Big brother - "Politics is just showbiz for ugly people..."

English lit is a subject that peple who dont know what the hell they want to do take at uni... it does nothing, other than give you the ability to answer questions on shakespeare at quizzes...

I am a qualified expert on all things Latics though... :wink:

English lit is a subject that peple who dont know what the hell they want to do take at uni... it does nothing, other than give you the ability to answer questions on shakespeare at quizzes...

Sounds like Psychology then, except that that doesn't help you in pub quizzes :unsure:

Nowt up with studying politics, philosophy or economics though, it makes you an all round genius :)

Sounds like Psychology then, except that that doesn't help you in pub quizzes :unsure:

The only time Psychology has helped me in that quiz, the guy disallowed the answer, even though it was right, because it wasn't what was written on his sheet. Grrr.

Guest sheridans_world
The only time Psychology has helped me in that quiz, the guy disallowed the answer, even though it was right, because it wasn't what was written on his sheet. Grrr.

Ceribrium which is the same as the cerbriail corthex.

:grin:

i can do psychology, me.

Think i need to work on the spelling though :tongue1:

As for BFL and the mystery quiz answers, think i might give it a miss, cant afford all that beer!

Nowt up with studying politics, philosophy or economics though, it makes you an all round genius :)

I agree, in fact, I'm taking Government + Politics and Philosophy at college :grin: so does that mean I'm gonna be a genius one day?

Guest sheridans_world
I agree, in fact, I'm taking Government + Politics and Philosophy at college :grin: so does that mean I'm gonna be a genius one day?

Either that or you'll end up with and English Lit degree fresh from uni!

Either that or you'll end up with and English Lit degree fresh from uni!

Sorry to dissappoint but I've already decided I'm doing History at Uni ^_^

Then again, I could do something completely different and carry on with Politics and use my genius-ness to become PM which sounds like it could be fun...

Guest sheridans_world

Then again, I could do something completely different and carry on with Politics and use my genius-ness to become PM which sounds like it could be fun...

What couple of hundred grand a year, your own personal car only to get ousted out by your deputy?

Booo. Thought I had found another genius to talk too :(

:D

What couple of hundred grand a year, your own personal car only to get ousted out by your deputy?

I would not get ousted by my deputy! I'd make a great PM :D

As for the personal car, I'd rather travel around in a tank - they're so much more cooler

Guest sheridans_world
I would not get ousted by my deputy! I'd make a great PM :D

As for the personal car, I'd rather travel around in a tank - they're so much more cooler

Not a bad idea.

Tanks are cool, bet the handling is a little heavy though, heard they can be a bit sluggish on the gear changes too :grin: . You cant be too careful these days eh?

Oh and when you make it there, for gods sake get Downing Street a layer of tarmac!

So back in the real world, what are you actually going to do?

Well in the real world, no idea what I wanna do for a job. But in college, I'm doing History, Government and Politics, Philosophy and English Combined.

I'd've loved to do Fine Art, just drawing and painting but I've not had time to finish a portfolio to do that. I was gonna include drawings of the entire squad for last season but I didn't get that finished either :( no point in carrying that on seen as half of them have gone :angry:

Guest sheridans_world
Well in the real world, no idea what I wanna do for a job. But in college, I'm doing History, Government and Politics, Philosophy and English Combined.

I'd've loved to do Fine Art, just drawing and painting but I've not had time to finish a portfolio to do that. I was gonna include drawings of the entire squad for last season but I didn't get that finished either :( no point in carrying that on seen as half of them have gone :angry:

English combined is no fun, i did english lit in college (lol) as for the rest of them. History is hard, Gvmnt and politics is complicated (easy in my mind, god invented humans, humans invented the tax man, the tax man invented the queen) and philosopy.... well i dont take a very philosphical view about that :grin:

Why arnt you down Urbis hanging out on the grass or something similar? its sunny outside! Take Michelle with you and have fun in the sun! lol.

Guest sheridans_world
I'm stuck in the house cos I'm not allowed out :( had an arguement with my Dad about moving so he just said I can't go anywhere. So I'm bored as anything. Why can't I have been grounded when it's raining lol

Awww, any other day but today huh?

Yea that moving stuff sucks, thought you were supposed to have gone by now?

Awww, any other day but today huh?

Yea that moving stuff sucks, thought you were supposed to have gone by now?

Supposed to be going this weekend but I moaned about that so it was changed to next Wednesday but I'm still not happy. Don't see the point in moving until the end of the summer hols cos what am I gonna do for all of August if I can't see my friends or anything? So I'm trying to make my Dad let me and my sis stay in the house for a bit longer cos he isn't selling it yet

Guest sheridans_world
Supposed to be going this weekend but I moaned about that so it was changed to next Wednesday but I'm still not happy. Don't see the point in moving until the end of the summer hols cos what am I gonna do for all of August if I can't see my friends or anything? So I'm trying to make my Dad let me and my sis stay in the house for a bit longer cos he isn't selling it yet

Sounds like a bargain to me. Your dad gets all the time in the world to sort your new house out, with you outta the way! Bah, you tried the whole kicking and screaming angle? If that doesnt work you could always stop eating (or threaten to stop eating) or you could lock yourself in your room. Or you could run away and stay somewhere else (Friends maybe).

You could just not pack your things in protest.

Bah i think you really should not listen to me. I remeber what i was like last time we moved house, that was 5 years ago and we moved all of five miles! Never mind two hundred miles!

Edited by sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world
Ok I think I'm killing off this thread by moaning about my problems. So I'll talk about summat different...

Anybody seen Harry Potter yet?

Rubbish thats what big threading is all about!

You should have seen the cock in a van earlier this week....talk about killing conversation!

the answer to your question is no, i havent seen Harry Potter. But i cant wait for the new book (is that geeky?)

Edited by sheridans_world

lol nah it's not geeky. I can't wait for it either - and erm this is embarrassing that I'm actually doing this but I'm actually gonna go to Waterstones in Manchester with a couple of mates and que up just to buy it.

I hope Dumbledore comes back somehow cos I well don't think he's really dead. I saw the film on Saturday and it was kind of a letdown if you're a massive fan of the books cos they miss so much stuff out!

Guest sheridans_world
lol nah it's not geeky. I can't wait for it either - and erm this is embarrassing that I'm actually doing this but I'm actually gonna go to Waterstones in Manchester with a couple of mates and que up just to buy it.

I hope Dumbledore comes back somehow cos I well don't think he's really dead. I saw the film on Saturday and it was kind of a letdown if you're a massive fan of the books cos they miss so much stuff out!

Here comes the geekyness again. I am reading all six books before i buy the seventh... i have it on pre-order from WH Smiths... somehow i dont think i will be queueing for it at midnight but i may take a trip down on Saturday. I am a third of the way through the goblet of fire, speed reading at the moment, only start on the Philosophers stone on Wednesday last week.

Hopefully should finish that tonight and move onto the order of the phoenix tonight, should finish that by Wednesday leaving the Half-blood prince before i buy the deathly hollows. On target atm :) lol.

I figured, it had been so long since i read them (when the sixth book came out) so i decided i would read them all again.

Actually looking forward to Saturday.

Now hows that for a thread killer :devilish:

Here comes the geekyness again. I am reading all six books before i buy the seventh... i have it on pre-order from WH Smiths... somehow i dont think i will be queueing for it at midnight but i may take a trip down on Saturday. I am a third of the way through the goblet of fire, speed reading at the moment, only start on the Philosophers stone on Wednesday last week.

Hopefully should finish that tonight and move onto the order of the phoenix tonight, should finish that by Wednesday leaving the Half-blood prince before i buy the deathly hollows. On target atm :) lol.

I figured, it had been so long since i read them (when the sixth book came out) so i decided i would read them all again.

Actually looking forward to Saturday.

Now hows that for a thread killer :devilish:

lol it really is a threadkiller! Something tells me that we're the only 2 Harry Potter geeks on this forum. It wasn't that long ago since I read Half-Blood Prince so I'm not bothering to read them again. Well can't wait for the next one to come out though.

More geekiness: I usually find that with the new HP books, I just spend the entire day sitting in my room doing nothing but reading, sometimes even forgetting to eat or summat. Hows that for sad?