Oldham Chronicle

Guest sheridans_world

This whole article is a disgrace, without any investigative merit whatsover, and gives far more column inches to the minority lunatic fringe who were against the redevelopment than the common sense people who were for. There is no mention of Bashforth's conflict of interest, what a joke.

I haven't read the chron in years apart from online. I will also be cancelling my advertisement that I run every week. Disgrace.

so we dont need a conference and banquetting suit then.

which would undoubtedly bring in around 3-400 people a week spending money in the borough wich would help to boost the economy.

be interesting to know how long these residents have been living where they are now.

as if you buy a property you can hardly say you dont notice a football ground.

i sincerely hope they dont pull out,but i also would totally understand it if they did.

however i would still investigate moving out of town,if there willing to fork out 80 million,they could sell the land that bp is on,giving them more money groundshare for a couple of years and get private investment to pay for the rest.im sure some other local town,middleton,ashton would only be to pleased that someone was thinking of pumping that kind of money and infrastructure into there town,bringing with it the extra income.

will the last person out of oldham please turn off the lights.

This whole article is a disgrace, without any investigative merit whatsover, and gives far more column inches to the minority lunatic fringe who were against the redevelopment than the common sense people who were for. There is no mention of Bashforth's conflict of interest, what a joke.

I haven't read the chron in years apart from online. I will also be cancelling my advertisement that I run every week. Disgrace.

I'm sorry, I fail to see what's wrong with the Cronicle article. It seems to me that they've led with the Athletic side of the story, countered with the residents points and closed with a comment from Hardy.

It look to me as though they've given it fairly balanced coverage and have invited comments from anybody who cares to do so.

Lets face it, the Chron could have had a picture of the residents looking smug on the front but they didn't, they went with a thoroughly pissed off looking Corney and Hardy.

The 8/6 story block was to be builr overlooking the ground in the Chaddy/Broadway stand corner and therefore would not be seen from their delicate bungalows.

Frankly, I'd rather see a tower block than a :censored: bungalow. Soooo 70s.

I've a funny feeling that this will turn round. Not soon, but I reckon it will...

Frankly, I'd rather see a tower block than a :censored: bungalow. Soooo 70s.

I've a funny feeling that this will turn round. Not soon, but I reckon it will...

"Soon" is the main factor in this. TTA have said before that they're not prepared to keep delaying the project, with the consequential financial loss involved.