Best CB Pairing

jsslatic

Best CB Pairing  

107 members have voted

1. 1. When everyone's fit, who would you prefer to be playing at CB?

• Gregan/Hazell
    • Gregan/Trotman
    • Gregan/Stam
    • Hazell/Trotman
    • Hazell/Stam
    • Stam/Trotman
    • Other
  2. 2. Whatever it is, it isnt with Thommo

• True
    • False

I just don't know. The good thing is that I'd be happy with any of the combinations. Not that I'd ever advocate rotating CBs, but different combos would suit different opposition. Gregan and Trotman would be awesome against long ball/big lump attacks. Stam and Hazell might do better against a tricky passing attack. I've a feeling that we are forgetting how good Hazell was when he came in, even though he must have been rusty, he was pushing for MOM several times. Confused now

I just don't know. The good thing is that I'd be happy with any of the combinations. Not that I'd ever advocate rotating CBs, but different combos would suit different opposition. Gregan and Trotman would be awesome against long ball/big lump attacks. Stam and Hazell might do better against a tricky passing attack. I've a feeling that we are forgetting how good Hazell was when he came in, even though he must have been rusty, he was pushing for MOM several times. Confused now

One things for sure - its the one area of the pitch where we are very well covered - highly doubt there is another team in the league who have options as good as we do at CB... could become interesting if as S_W says - the reason why we have so many is that Shez is planning for a full back exodus...

Thommo is an interesting one - i've voted that this does not include him, becase we all aw how toss he was, however, am willing to let him prove himself again... however getting back into the team will be his problem....

Just thinking, if we ever wanted, we could play a nice-looking 3-5-2, Dowie-style.

Hughes   Davies

^      Kilkenny        ^
  |           |          |
  |  McDonald v Allott   |
  |                      |
Taylor                Eardley

Stam  Gregan  Hazell

Crossley

Gregan and Trotman for me. Harsh on Hazell and Stam I know, but they'll both get their chances. As I've said elsewhere, Stam has been playing very well but he still makes (at least) one dreadful mistake a game.

Nah. Not trying to knock Gregans ability here but not only have we conceded less goals since he's been out but I hardly think it a coincedence that everyone else has started performing better since he was injured, so it's Stam and Trotman / Hazell for me

Cant Drop Trotman. he's been quality. greeg's should be on the bench untill needed.

he's a very good player but its no coincidence that we started to keep clean sheets since Stam and Trotman/Hazell have been at the back

Bit harsh to drop Hazell.

Its a tough on for shezza but i'm sure he's glad of the promblem lol