The diamond formation?

Need to adapt to the circumstances of the match at hand. Playing fixed strategies doesn't bode well for long term success. That being said I like the home/away side combo a few posts above. I'd probably say 2 points were dropped on weekend, fell victim to a side who scouted us well? I personally prefer the wingback swooping wide in attack for width and the long crosses and angled back in passes.

It wasnt the Wingback solution that would fix it on Saturday-Brian Wilson had enough chances to cross the ball but failed to do so all second half, even when he was near to the bye-line and Poleon on the left-good grief he didnt have a clue what runs to make or when to take his fullback on.

There were just no crosses coming in apart from 1 when Philly missed his header!

It is difficult to suggest that a different formation would have produced a win when the one we played should have produced a win because we gave them their goal and Philly should have scored at least one but I'm not sure Forte is best played up front. He was denied any space and without encouragement seemed to let his ongoing knee problems get the better of him. So I don't care if it is a diamond, a square or any combination of numbers that adds up to 10 so long as he is playing out wide with licence to go anywhere and protection behind him so he doesn't knacker his knees running back or tackling. He has scored the goals and success will depend on more from him.

It wasnt the Wingback solution that would fix it on Saturday-Brian Wilson had enough chances to cross the ball but failed to do so all second half, even when he was near to the bye-line and Poleon on the left-good grief he didnt have a clue what runs to make or when to take his fullback on.

There were just no crosses coming in apart from 1 when Philly missed his header!

Poleon set up Phil who should have scored but he took too many touches.