Record Loss?

I can recall 7-0 wins , can't recall a 0-7.

1-7 to Cardiff , but that doesn't matter , the club was at it's lowest ever ebb and struggling to exist.

2-7 to Sheff U in ZDF , odd result , in a cup that did not matter as we were flying high elsewhere.

Lowest ebb? - We were 7th going into that match, spending money, on the edge of the playoffs and with only 8 games of the season left.

It was a crushing defeat against a promotion rival, but we showed Dowie's famous bouncebackability the season after to make the playoffs - then we hit the financial sh!t....

Southampton humped us recently at BP and lets just hope today was a hiccup against a team destined for a higher league.

And the 5-0...

We thrashed them 3-0 with this side, is it better than the one we have now I wonder? (and that's not a bad MK team with Jason Puncheon on the bench).

http://www.11v11.com/matches/oldham-athletic-v-milton-keynes-dons-28-august-2004-25072/

PS, handy website isn't ?

Edited by BP1960

I can recall 7-0 wins , can't recall a 0-7.

1-7 to Cardiff , but that doesn't matter , the club was at it's lowest ever ebb and struggling to exist.

2-7 to Sheff U in ZDF , odd result , in a cup that did not matter as we were flying high elsewhere.

Errr.....

Lowest ebb? - We were 7th going into that match, spending money, on the edge of the playoffs and with only 8 games of the season left.

It was a crushing defeat against a promotion rival, but we showed Dowie's famous bouncebackability the season after to make the playoffs - then we hit the financial sh!t....

Southampton humped us recently at BP and lets just hope today was a hiccup against a team destined for a higher league.

Exactly.

I remember walking into BP for that Cardiff game, feeling that a win today would be the result that would push into the Play-offs and we'd be the team that ends the season on a high and wins the post season promotion knock-out.

That was a gut-wrenching defeat of equally terrible football by all acounts (didn't go to MK to compare). I remember walking out of the game afterwards feelling shell-schocked and taking a photograph of a group of jubilant Cardiff fans as they asked nicely. It felt utterly humilating. I'd seen Latics play badly on many occassions, and concde a good number of goals in the process, but never had I seen us so uncompetitive in a game, Which considering we'd punched above our weight for 3 seasons in the top flight was pretty amazing.

I also saw the ZDS game. Equally puzzling game. They were rock bottom of the 1st Division following promotion the previous year, and we were on our way to securing Promotion. It was only the not really bothered nature of the compeition that reduced the impact. 2-0 and losing 7-2 is hard to watch.