Manager Carousel

In my first 24 years supporting Latics we had 2 Managers, neither set the football world on fire at the outset as both were novices in management.  Second 24 years have seen us go through 20+ (can't be arsed counting).   

Were we simply lucky back then and unlucky now, or are we ignoring that stability breeds success but doesn't come imnediately. 

Personally I believe the modern game set-up and players themselves are more often the problem than the manager.   Everyone's now too scared to play risky foitball as it reduces their accuracy percentage come the Monday morning statistical analysis.  It appears players can now make a good living playing percentage football and they judge themselves on high pass and tackle completion rates.

There  won't be a column for working your arse off and making yourself available for your teammates, but I wouldn't be surprised if you get a gold star if your kit doesn't need washing at the end of the game because it saves on the cost of a scoop of Daz.

Stability, patience, hardwork and honesty please from top to bottom. 

Get stuck in today lads, play for Oldham because we always dreamed of doing what you do.

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Football has changed.  Average football manager lasts about a year I believe. 

The problem is if a manager does well he's poached by higher clubs, if not he's sacked.

Edited by BP1960