Just got back

I'm pleased Craig scored again yesterday but I believe that he will be more effective on the wing - and also, we will have more potency up front with a pairing that works together and not as two individuals.

To right. I'm gettin so frustrated watching greedy Craig Davies taking stupid shots when he should be passing. Which is why at this point I'd rather see Ricketts and Wolfy given a go up front

To right. I'm gettin so frustrated watching greedy Craig Davies taking stupid shots when he should be passing. Which is why at this point I'd rather see Ricketts and Wolfy given a go up front

I think Ricketts and Wolfy would work very well together, Wolfy is a very intelligent football player and Ricketts would be able to play through quality balls through to him when he is making his runs

I think Ricketts and Wolfy would work very well together, Wolfy is a very intelligent football player and Ricketts would be able to play through quality balls through to him when he is making his runs

Exactly. Wolfy has showed every time he has been given minutes alongside Ricketts that he has the intelligence to anticipate the flick ons and make runs that Ricketts can make something of. I doubt Ricketts will score 20+ this season, but if he contribute 10-15 in the League and can consistently feed the Wolf or Hughesy then we should have a fairly prolific strike force on our hands. Davies will be more of an asset on the left as well, as he can cross reasonably well and he will beat full backs for fun all day long. He doesn't have the anticipation or awareness of Hughes or Wolfy and that makes him unlikely to ever form an effective partnership with a player like Ricketts who likes to link the play and lay it off for others.

Clever use of the word "dropping" there Coco.

The goals Davies scores tend to come from where he starts on the wing or runs from deep. Somewhere that he shouldn't be but nevertheless, he can score from there as he is proving. If that is where he wants to play, then put him there especially when he is constantly demonstrating that he is not disciplined enough to ply his trade up front. If he plays on the wing and still scores, then it will be worth the move.

We need someone who can play off Ricketts and Davies has proved that he cannot do that. In fact he has shown that he can't play as an effective partnership with any other striker on our books. He is too much of an individual. To use your words, Wolfenden has "looked more like scoring" than Davies in the few minutes that he has been allowed to play off Ricketts. I'm pleased Craig scored again yesterday but I believe that he will be more effective on the wing - and also, we will have more potency up front with a pairing that works together and not as two individuals.

Team play is a skill in itself. Let's face it Coco, you simply want to see Ricketts and Hughes fail. The rest of us just want to see the Team succeed.

Your dislike of Ricketts and blinkered failure to acknowledge what he adds to the Team betrays you I'm afraid.

Until Ricketts starts bring goals to the team Davies shouldn't be moved.

Until Ricketts starts bring goals to the team Davies shouldn't be moved.

As I said in the post above yours, Ricketts won't score 20+ this season but if he chips in with 10-15 then the quality of his link up play should be enough to see him well worth a place in the team. We just need someone alongside him who has the intelligence to anticipate his flicks and make the right runs so he can send them through on goal. Davies is always miles aways from him and when he is close enough to get to a flick he doesn't gamble and the chance is lost.