Just got back

Well today we were poor especially in the second half. We played well in the first but faded massively in the second. Having said that at one nil Kilkenny manged to miss when it was easier to score, that would have killed the game off.

Ratings

Beresford - 8 - Played really well made some outstanding saves

Eardley, Bertrand, Hazell - 7 - all solid, credit to Rubs for the tackle on Luke Beckett by the sideline

Gregan - 8 - Very solid, has got the swagger back

Liddell - 6 - Not in the game

Taylor - 4- Worst game for ages, he has lost all confidence for God's sake put him on the RIGHT

JP - 7 - Tried his hardest

Kilkenny - 6 - Tried to get involved but looked tired and should have scored, it cost us dearly.

Davies - 7 - Great goal, but has a very poor first touch

Wolfy - 6 -Tried very hard

Allot - Woeful

Smalley and Allesandra - Didn't get long enough

Overall they were very poor too, there were there to be beaten, a team like Swansea would have battered them. We are not going anywhere in this division unless the midfield is sorted.

Cheers,

Anymore opinions

Well today we were poor especially in the second half. We played well in the first but faded massively in the second. Having said that at one nil Kilkenny manged to miss when it was easier to score, that would have killed the game off.

Ratings

Beresford - 8 - Played really well made some outstanding saves

Eardley, Bertrand, Hazell - 7 - all solid, credit to Rubs for the tackle on Luke Beckett by the sideline

Gregan - 8 - Very solid, has got the swagger back

Liddell - 6 - Not in the game

Taylor - 4- Worst game for ages, he has lost all confidence for God's sake put him on the RIGHT

JP - 7 - Tried his hardest

Kilkenny - 6 - Tried to get involved but looked tired and should have scored, it cost us dearly.

Davies - 7 - Great goal, but has a very poor first touch

Wolfy - 6 -Tried very hard

Allot - Woeful

Smalley and Allesandra - Didn't get long enough

Overall they were very poor too, there were there to be beaten, a team like Swansea would have battered them. We are not going anywhere in this division unless the midfield is sorted.

Cheers,

Edited by stebuzz

Agree with most apart from Taylors worst game in ages.......he's been shocking all season. Please try smalley and Taylor to the bench.

Sorry lads and lasses Huddersfield are a very very poor side just like Cheltenham and we didn't put them away. Second half we were terrible whilst the first half wasn't much better. This side isn't a patch on last seasons. The budget as gone up and the side as gone down. We've no more scope in the budget so we have to go with what we've got. Lets just hope that Ricketts, Hughes, Smalley, Alllesandra and Stam can inject some wins and the confidence to play football that brings.

Call me what you like but that was poor today against a very poor side. It's a new side and new sides take time to gel, but i'ts not even tacky in footballing terms.

Edited by Lags

Agree with most apart from Taylors worst game in ages.......he's been shocking all season. Please try smalley and Taylor to the bench.

Sorry lads and lasses Huddersfield are a very very poor side just like Cheltenham and we didn't put them away. Second half we were terrible whilst the first half wasn't much better. This side isn't a patch on last seasons. The budget as gone up and the side as gone down. We've no more scope in the budget so we have to go with what we've got. Lets just hope that Ricketts, Hughes, Smalley, Alllesandra and Stam can inject some wins and the confidence to play football that brings.

Called me what you like but that was poor today against a very poor side. It's a new side and new sides take time to gel, but in'ts not even tacky in footballing terms.

The movement through midfield has worried me pretty much right from the start of the season and that still isn't sorted, but every now and then we get glimpses that they can do it. The first half we won the ball a number of times in good positions and then the pass was woefully inaccurate, but by the time the goal came I felt we had started to get teh better of Huddersfield and a goal was inevitable. Unfortuanetly the same can be said for their goal. We all knew it was coming, in fact I said to my dad just before The ball was crossed that a goal was coming!

Second half we wasted possession far too many times and it cost us as it gave Huddersfield a bit of confidence and forward momentum which they lacked completely in the first half. We created problems for ourselves rather than making the opposition creat for themselves. Allott came on presumabely to break up play a bit more and keep possession, but gave the ball away a couple of times and despite getting stuck in, was hardly involved at all.

As for the strikers, Davies scored a great goal but his decision making is frustratingly bad. Two notable occassions, firstly in the first half when he beat a man just inside their half and appeared to be clean in on goal only to decide to turn back and try and beat a full back as well instead of just racing away towards goal (surely nobody would have caught him!). Secondly in the second half when he had the ball to the right of the Huddersfield penalty area beyond the full back and instead of driving in towards the keeper or trying to get towards the byline he decided again to try and turn back to beat a man. All he needed to do was draw the centre backs towards him and either strike it or preferably lay it back to Wolfy or Kilkenny. Which brings me nicely on to Wolfy. I've been impressed by him in every game i've seen him. His movement is superb, he makes intelligent runs and he seems to have a great touch on him. Today he wasn't as impressive, but I have seen people on JKL slagging him off today saying that he isn't good enough to be given a start. Surely that is really harsh on the lad. He did well today with a big lanky defender all over his back as he did win his fair share and when he got the ball he brought others into the game. If Taylor wasn't being so one dimensional today he probably would have had a great chance to give us a 2-0 lead when he poked it wide to Taylor and went for a return which would have seen him through. Taylor dallied on it and tried to beat his man (and failed) when Wolfy was crying out for it. Would people be criticising him if he had got the return and scored? I doubt it. Incidentally this all brings me to Taylor, who was woeful today and imo should be given a rest and then when possible (and favourable), moved to the right side. Smalley was great at the start of the season and has already shown us he has numerous talents. He is quick, strong, COMMITTED IN THE TACKLE, can beat a man, CAN CROSS IT ACCURATELY and has a decent shot. Definitely worth a start when he has match fitness. It was embarrassing today the number of times the ball came into Taylor and he took one touch and their man hit him with a tackle because he knew Taylor was scared s:censored:*less of him. Anytime he did stand off, Taylor looked one dimensional again and lacked any guile to beat his man effectively (except one piece of inspirational skill in the first half!). What happened to the step overs we saw last season and the season before when he first broke through? Confidence all gone perhaps? Definitely the first change I would make if I was manager. Craig Davies would be a candidate to play out on the left as well when Hughes and Ricketts are back (or either one of them for that matter with 2 very capable youngsters able to play up there).

With regards to Ricketts being suspended for todays game, no matter what his knockers say, we missed him today and we are a far better team with him in the team.

[Not to pick up on too much as it is mainly right, but your rating of Eardley is so wrong it's just... wrong.

His best game all season by a mile and easily my man of the match (for us) - which granted ain't saying much.

Lesson of the day: This just goes to show how important Ricketts is to us.

[Not to pick up on too much as it is mainly right, but your rating of Eardley is so wrong it's just... wrong.

His best game all season by a mile and easily my man of the match (for us) - which granted ain't saying much.

Lesson of the day: This just goes to show how important Ricketts is to us.

I thought Eardley had a good game too, his distribution was poor a couple of times but overall he did very well.

The decision making by both Davies and Taylor was awful at times, i know there both very quick and can run past their marker with ease (tho i dont think Taylor did that once yesterday) but they need to start looking up and seeing what options they have instead of just running into dead ends

Yesterday i also heard a lot of people saying that Smalley and Alessandra should both be starting for us when they are fit, now i know these two have a lot of potentional and were fantastic last season for the reserves and youth team, but all these people that are shouting for them to start have they actually seen these two play or are they judging them on a couple of pre-season friendlys? I saw them both play a few times last season for both the reserves and youth team and i was impressed by both but just because they were playing well then it does not mean they can automatically been thrown into the first team and expected to do well. Them coming on off the bench is the best way to get them used to first team football, they have a long way to go and still need to improve on aspects of their game and Shez and co will i'm sure get the best out of them, but there is no need to throw them in at the deep end just yet, a suspension or injury at some point in the season will give them their chance

Speaking of suspensions how may cards has Gregan got now, he got another yesterday he must be getting close to a ban now

Edited by Gemma06

Called me what you like but that was poor today against a very poor side. It's a new side and new sides take time to gel, but in'ts not even tacky in footballing terms.

Disagree re: Taylor Lags............................................................................

.......he's been crap since February! Only bright spot for me yesterday was the surprising quality of Beresford, without him we would have lost 3 or 4-1 and after not breaking sweat in the first half and easily holding the lead, whilst not really ripping up any trees it would have been a travesty. Honeymoon is over Mr. Sheridan, this is your team and we've definitely gone backwards. Says it all when a useful away point feels like a loss. I was uncomfortable with many of the signings we made pre-season and Bristol City proved two years ago that signing players off past reputation is a recipe for mediocrity (Stewart, Bridges, Orr etc...) and only when they cleared their 'deadwood' did they progress under Johnson. The trouble is we've not only signed our deadwood it is pretty much 'driftwood' destined to do sod all for the rest of their careers, and at the moment with 11 points from 10 games that is relegation form. Its going to be a long hard winter, so lets hope Shez at least has the balls to play both Smalley and Allessandra at Donny if only to give Taylor and others a kick up the arse!

Edited by oafcprozac

Huddersfield and by far the worst team we have played this season and should of put them outta sight in the first half, in the second half we were probably the worst side huddersfield had played all season we were shocking and that is the truth

fair play to Marlon Beresford as he pulled of two outstanding saves so hopefully that will have shut a few people up who knocked him

agree with Lags that was by far and beyond Chris Taylor worst game and i mean worst since whenever.

Davies scored a grea goal - that was it

Kilkenny was woeful - an whether he was injured or not but deserved to be brought off - but tatically shez should of took of wolfy for allot as we re getting overrun in midfield and should of gone 4-5-1

Lids didnt see much off the ball

thought if one player had a good game it was bertrand

i hope i dont have to post anymore negative comments - but if we do not put dreadful teams like udders to bed we going nowhere this season! sorry but that yestereday p!$$£d ,e off no end.

First thing I would like to say is.. Fantastic support from Oldham Fans. The Huddersfield fans were totally anonymous for 70 odd minutes apart from the Cossack dancer in his underpants. He's here all week. The team just didn't come out for the second half. Huddersfield should have been put away in the first 45.

Beresford 8. Kept us in it and had a difficult sun to deal with in second half. Couple of brilliant saves.

Bertrand 7. Solid but didn't get up and around Taylor as he has been doing. Probably because he has lost confidence in Taylor at the moment.

Gregan 9. Won everything in the air and was intimidating in the tackle.

Hazell. 8. Easily the most effective defensive partner for Gregan. Won his share of the high stuff and was calm under pressure. Could have distributed it a bit better.

Eardley. 8 Wasn't over troubled until the second half when we retreated into our last third. Needs to have more confidence going forward because he is effective when he does.

Taylor 3. I'm sorry but this guy's confidence is on the floor and he isn't playing with his head. Spent most of the afternoon running straight into the fullback and losing the ball. I think there are two possible answers for this. Get him in the reserves or ON THE RIGHT...

Kalala 7. Solid defensive Midfielder but little imagination going forward. Did his job for most of the game which is all you can ask.

Liddel 6. Missed Ricketts in my opinion. Didn't make the runs into the box and didn't try the telling pass. Latics are not a punt it high and hope team. Needs to look for the through pass along the floor better.

Kilkenny 6. Not one of his better games. He didn't have much in front of him in the way of opposition so should have been more creative. He is perfectly capable of so being.

Davies 5. Headless Chicken. Headless Chicken. Headless Chicken. At this level you make your superiority count. you don't beat a man and then try to beat him again. You don't get the time... Great goal but even then, he just lashed at it and in it went...

Wolfenden 7. Fullback gave him little room but he still managed to win his share and hold up the ball. Looks tricky and pacy. Could do well with a run in the team.

In conclusion. I went along to the game with a neutral friend who coaches down south. He thought the football was dire and I have to say I agree with him. Where has the slick passing gone. Why do we no longer keep the ball on the deck and play through sides like Huddersfield who were there for the taking.....

I'm not going into a player by player breakdown. I honestly can't be bothered.

Taylor was crap, as he's been all season. Lidds didn't have a chance... tactically we were awful... we played long high balls at Taylor (crap in the air), Lidds (crap in the air) and Wolfy (knee high to a grasshopper)... what's the point? The midfield was deep and we drew them on a humped it long and we never held it up because (through no fault of their own) the three men picked out are not the kind of players who will win those balls and when they did the midfield was so deep Hudds could just pick up the second ball and come back at us.

We waited FAR FAR FAR too long to make changes and I didn't once see Shez make a positive gesture AGAIN. I know we're all blind to the gospel of Shez but he's showing his naivety now... we need positivity in the side! Taylor should not be the only player shouting encouragement to the team when they score... he's a kid! Greegan, Liddle, Allott... all captains and all negative.

Really, really unhappy with the attitude that is projected from the pitch at the moment and that we couldn't put away what was a God awful Hudds team.

It was very disappointing yesterday. Not going to say too much as it has been said earlier. Last Season, the Huddersfield away game kick-started our Season. It should have yesterday but we were unable to take advantage of a shocking Terriers outfit.

We had two lightning quick strikers and Huddersfield must have the slowest defence in the League. Naturally, that means let's pump high balls to them. Playing with two wingers is risky as you will get over-run in midfield. Consequently, the wingers have to deliver to justify their place. Quite simply, ours don't and haven't all Season. We may as well be playing an out and out 433 since at the moment it is more like 422.

Kilkenny had another shocker and let's hope this (after Cheltenham) is just a temporary dip in form.

As has been said earlier, this just shows how much we missed Ricketts. Defensively, we look ok with Gregan; Hazell; Eardley and Bertrand developing a very useful understanding. Beresford played well too and would have been my MOM for a couple of outstanding saves.

Where we are lacking is midfield and upfront. Hopefully, a rejuvenated Kilkenny plus the return of Ricketts; Hughes; Allesandra and Smalley will give us a few different options and make us multi-dimensional as opposed to the predictable fare currently being served.

The defence is certainly now strong enough for us to start going places but even so (listening to LW) a hudders leveler was certain.... midfield is just not breaking teams down. For a large chunk of the second half it all we could hear was the names of the hudders midfileders with the ball, I don't think anyone heard JP's name the whole game. Hoped it was going to be the correct move at the time to bring on Allott to try and tighten up, but didn't work out that way; I wasn't there but to be so critical about and single out , as many have, Allotts performancd yesterday beggers belief. the guy came on with 15mins left and at a time when hudders midfield sounded like they were running the show and the damage seemed to have already begun. V. disapointed with both Allott and jp .. Allott for me as done better though.

Plenty of comments said on LW about Shez b ollocking Davies for most of the game ... he's quick, good shot NOT a team player. He his really starting to frustrate me now, unfortunately comments I have heard about his, lets say 'contribution' to the word team off the field seems to be showing on now as well.

Glad the young guns up from are fit, Ricketts and Hughes back soon ..... midfield is a great worry

It surprises me that so many people think the solution to Taylor's poor form is to put him on the right. Yes, he's right-footed, but he's shown that he can play and be more than effective down the left. If we move him to the right, I reckon he'll just be a player in poor form there, instead of on the left. Perhaps it would give him the new lease of life he needs, but I can't see it.

Disagree re: Taylor Lags............................................................................

.......he's been crap since February! Only bright spot for me yesterday was the surprising quality of Beresford, without him we would have lost 3 or 4-1 and after not breaking sweat in the first half and easily holding the lead, whilst not really ripping up any trees it would have been a travesty. Honeymoon is over Mr. Sheridan, this is your team and we've definitely gone backwards. Says it all when a useful away point feels like a loss. I was uncomfortable with many of the signings we made pre-season and Bristol City proved two years ago that signing players off past reputation is a recipe for mediocrity (Stewart, Bridges, Orr etc...) and only when they cleared their 'deadwood' did they progress under Johnson. The trouble is we've not only signed our deadwood it is pretty much 'driftwood' destined to do sod all for the rest of their careers, and at the moment with 11 points from 10 games that is relegation form. Its going to be a long hard winter, so lets hope Shez at least has the balls to play both Smalley and Allessandra at Donny if only to give Taylor and others a kick up the arse!

My views on our summer recruitment are well documented, if we spent more time looking for hungry young players instead of little trips to Wakefield prison we might be in a better shape.

I didn't go yesterday, a day watching the rugby league and Union was more appealing than watching our team go through the motions.

Yesterday was awfull, 2 rank bad sides just banging it up in the air. Doesn't seem to be any other tactic than to give it the big boot out of defence and hope for the best. Davies's vision is woeful, Taylors confidence has gone. I feel sorry for the lad because no matter what he tries it is not coming off and imo should have been taken out of the team weeks ago to prevent his confidence going competely. Perhaps Shez would have made changes before now but for injuries to Hughes, Smalley, Allesandra etc but now that at least 2 of these are fit for next week it will be interesting to see if he is prepared to change things. At the moment we are just sleep walking through the season and at best will finish lower mid table. We have got to try something different because these performances are just not acceptable given what has been spent in the Summer. If his only change next week is to bring Ricketts in for Wolfy I will despair.

On the plus side Beresford, Hazell & Gregan played well although at times Gregan is guilty of just giving it the big boot instead of looking to pass through midfield. Also thought Wolfy did as well as could be expected given the appaling service he was receiving.

If his only change next week is to bring Ricketts in for Wolfy I will despair.

I'm willing to bet you will be despairing then.

Other than Taylor it is hard to point at individual players yesterday. It just seemed a poor game plan rather than poor execution.

Personally I'd have Lid's out and (at the moment) Smalley in, too. I just think Lid's stagnates the play, perfectly summed up yesterday by receiving the ball in acres of space and not having the legs to run up the pitch (then turning and putting the ball out of play). This means that our only avenues are through the centre (something which Arsenal struggle to do) or on the left with a player bang out of form playing on his wrong foot.

NB. I'm one who thinks shifting Taylor over to the right would do him the world of good. In my view he is doing so badly because he is played on the left. To not even give him a go on the right is down right stupid.

I'm willing to bet you will be despairing then.

Other than Taylor it is hard to point at individual players yesterday. It just seemed a poor game plan rather than poor execution.

Personally I'd have Lid's out and (at the moment) Smalley in, too. I just think Lid's stagnates the play, perfectly summed up yesterday by receiving the ball in acres of space and not having the legs to run up the pitch (then turning and putting the ball out of play). This means that our only avenues are through the centre (something which Arsenal struggle to do) or on the left with a player bang out of form playing on his wrong foot.

NB. I'm one who thinks shifting Taylor over to the right would do him the world of good. In my view he is doing so badly because he is played on the left. To not even give him a go on the right is down right stupid.

Ricketts has to play next week. It was massively evident yesterday how much he was missed. As for his partner? Well if Hughes isn't fit, then it would have to be Wolfy or Alessandra for me.

I've banged on before about Ricketts' ball control. Yesterday, that would have stopped us losing the ball up front and allowing them to get back into the game in the second half. Not only that, but he also has the footballing intelligence and class to create opportunities. Davies simply runs down blind alleys and makes the wrong decisions whereas Wolfy is a goal poacher and not someone who is going to get on the end of long punts from defence. I'd love to see him playing off Ricketts and he shouldn't be judged too harshly on his performance yesterday since for me, it was a combination that would never work. We only scored due to some woeful defending and a great strike/ bit of a fluke (delete as appropriate).

Stick Davies to the left and Smalley on the right in place of Lidds. Midfield has to be KK plus either JPK (who I thought did ok yesterday) or Allott (who seemed way of the pace but by then, we appeared to have given up as an attacking force).

Taylor has missed out now IMO. He could have been shifted to RW while Smalley was out but for me, Deano should be first choice in that position. Lidds has prolonged his place by having a couple of reasonable games but OS is spot on in saying we waste massive amounts of space due to his inability/ desire to push forward. It puts massive pressure on Eardley too since he effectively has to be a wing-back when we are attacking.

That formation should give us masses of pace in attack right across the pitch with players having the ability to get to the by-line.

We desperately need some variety.

It surprises me that so many people think the solution to Taylor's poor form is to put him on the right. Yes, he's right-footed, but he's shown that he can play and be more than effective down the left. If we move him to the right, I reckon he'll just be a player in poor form there, instead of on the left. Perhaps it would give him the new lease of life he needs, but I can't see it.

Because when he plays on the left he continually cuts back inside to try and get the ball onto his effective foot. He thens runs straight into the defender who usually knows exactly what Taylor is going to do.

Taylor has missed out now IMO. He could have been shifted to RW while Smalley was out but for me, Deano should be first choice in that position.

Taylor has failed to deliver his promise for many months and it has been to the fans' credit that the've laid off him, with the exception of the incident at Crewe last season. Their faith in him was down to the fact that he is the local hero. However, as most players get stick from some Latics' fans from day one, Taylor's luck couldn't last much longer and yesterday it ran out near where I was sat.

Late in the game when Taylor got the ball, there was a last hope of a run down the wing and a cross for the winner. Alas he lost the ball easily yet again, turning the Udders' defence into attack with the possibility of us losing the game. A bloke in front of me to the right had a right go at Taylor. Taylor was nowhere near us so he couldn't hear, but unfortunately people described to me as "his family" (not hid Dad) were sat a few rows in front. Instead of ignoring the criticism of Chris, they took it personally and there was a right slanging match with much finger-pointng. It stopped just before the game ended but was resumed again on the steps queueing to get out of the ground.

Taylor has failed to deliver his promise for many months and it has been to the fans' credit that the've laid off him, with the exception of the incident at Crewe last season. Their faith in him was down to the fact that he is the local hero. However, as most players get stick from some Latics' fans from day one, Taylor's luck couldn't last much longer and yesterday it ran out near where I was sat.

Late in the game when Taylor got the ball, there was a last hope of a run down the wing and a cross for the winner. Alas he lost the ball easily yet again, turning the Udders' defence into attack with the possibility of us losing the game. A bloke in front of me to the right had a right go at Taylor. Taylor was nowhere near us so he couldn't hear, but unfortunately people described to me as "his family" (not hid Dad) were sat a few rows in front. Instead of ignoring the criticism of Chris, they took it personally and there was a right slanging match with much finger-pointng. It stopped just before the game ended but was resumed again on the steps queueing to get out of the ground.

As I've said before Taylors confidence has gone & I don't think Shez is doing the lad any favours by keeping him in the team. He's obviously Oldham through & through as are his family and I'm sure he'd love to be playing better. I think it is best now to take him out of the team for a spell and see if he can get his confidence back in the reserves or coming on as sub. At present it's not helping Taylor or the team performing as he is. The one glaring omission from the pre season signings was the addition of any left footed players (apart from Crossley !) and this is now coming home to roost. Every young player goes through a bad spell and normally this means a spell out of the side, unfortunately Taylor keeps getting picked presumably because we have no alternatives or Shez doesn't think we have. This then begs the question of why nothing was done about it in the Summer.

I agree, putting him on the right will do nothing. The lad is quick and so could get past him man easily, other teams now know about him all they have to do is stop him knocking the ball past the full back to run on to and Sinclair did that brilliantly yestersday. He needs to learn to get his head up, look what options are availble to him and then pick out a pass or put a decent ball in. He needs a rest and a few games in the reserves to get his confidence up and Shez and Wright should be working with him in training so get him to move his game on to the next level, he's not a young kid anymore he's supposed to be an established first team regular. The problem is we have no other left winger, Bertrand is here to convert into a left back so he can't play there, Davies/Wolfenden/Smalley are other options but i dont really see any of them being that effective out there

Edited by Gemma06

I'm not sure about the logic of dropping the only striker we have that looks like scoring (and actually is) to the wing.

Clever use of the word "dropping" there Coco.

The goals Davies scores tend to come from where he starts on the wing or runs from deep. Somewhere that he shouldn't be but nevertheless, he can score from there as he is proving. If that is where he wants to play, then put him there especially when he is constantly demonstrating that he is not disciplined enough to ply his trade up front. If he plays on the wing and still scores, then it will be worth the move.

We need someone who can play off Ricketts and Davies has proved that he cannot do that. In fact he has shown that he can't play as an effective partnership with any other striker on our books. He is too much of an individual. To use your words, Wolfenden has "looked more like scoring" than Davies in the few minutes that he has been allowed to play off Ricketts. I'm pleased Craig scored again yesterday but I believe that he will be more effective on the wing - and also, we will have more potency up front with a pairing that works together and not as two individuals.

Team play is a skill in itself. Let's face it Coco, you simply want to see Ricketts and Hughes fail. The rest of us just want to see the Team succeed.

Your dislike of Ricketts and blinkered failure to acknowledge what he adds to the Team betrays you I'm afraid.

My views on our summer recruitment are well documented, if we spent more time looking for hungry young players instead of little trips to Wakefield prison we might be in a better shape.

I didn't go yesterday, a day watching the rugby league and Union was more appealing than watching our team go through the motions.

So the poor perf yesterday was down to Hughes coco? Well, being as you were sat at home slagging the team off, in the comfort of your front room waiting for the egg chuckers, you wouldn't know that Hughes didn't even play would you??

And if that's your feeling regarding the team 'go through the motions' perhaps next season, stay away from bp and take your negativity to Oldham Edge or Waterhead park and watch St Annes or Waterhead rugby!!!

Fishing line thrown.......i'm happy to bite and be hooked!!